Little_D

Hi gents,

I have the following system:

Win7 64Bit

I7 3770K 3,5GHz

16GB Ram

MSI GTX 680 4GB

Ingamesetting all to max, V-sync on

The problem i have is that i only get 30 fps and on the ground 25fps. When i disable shadows i get about 45fps - 50fps, with all other settings still on max.

Also i overclocked my GTX to his max. level and my cpu to 4,7GHz, no change on fps with shadows on. NVIDIA settings are the same as in Cliffs of Dover. I run the latest patch version on DCS.

Can someone help me pleas to find the right settings or is my system realy to weak for DCS.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Hi tintifax,

but flying in a cockpit without shadows? Have not done this since the old IL-2 1946 :-)

regards

Little_D

Edited by Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

No your system is not too weak - however for running everything maxed out is maybe asking a bit much of it, especially for higher fps.

Probably the weakest link in your system would be the video card.

I expect you would benefit nicely , especially with the DCS Edge graphics engine, with a better video card, like a 970/980 or even a 1070.

I myself also find it better to just use the in game GUI for managing my graphics settings for DCS, rather than the Nvidia control panel.

Also regarding shadows, I find much better performance setting flat shadows on. I have them set to high, but flat shadows.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Your system is fine, like the others said, it's just you, who's taking it a bit too high

I'd say, lower all not really needed stuff like Civil traffic off (if you can live without it), or like cockpit displays to only 1024 or 512 (not every frame) and such stuff...

Please post your DCS graphics settings. I will suggest you to not set

trees (and etc.) over 12000, they become fps killer, even my GTX1070 can not handle them over 12000. With trees set at 12000 I have almost constant 75fps (VSync on).

What is your screen resolution?

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

Youre OC'ed CPU and RAM are OK for decent-to-good performance. GFX card, however, is a different matter.

Cranking everything to max can bring even the most powerful cards on the current market to their knees, let alone Your somewhat vintage one. That being said, You can dial down some settings without sacrificing too much eyecandy, while gaining a hefty chunk of performance.

The most fps hungry parameters are civil traffic, shadows, water, visibility range, trees and preload radius (notice that the last two are not maxed out even on default "high" preset - this is for a reason). Also, depth of field effect kills any fps in outside views and is useful only for taking fancy screenshots, otherwise it's better to turn it off.

You should be fine with starting with "high preset" and cranking down the above parameters to high or medium.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi gents,

I have the following system:

Win7 64Bit

I7 3770K 3,5GHz

16GB Ram

MSI GTX 680 4GB

Ingamesetting all to max, V-sync on

The problem i have is that i only get 30 fps and on the ground 25fps. When i disable shadows i get about 45fps - 50fps, with all other settings still on max.

Also i overclocked my GTX to his max. level and my cpu to 4,7GHz, no change on fps with shadows on. NVIDIA settings are the same as in Cliffs of Dover. I run the latest patch version on DCS.

Can someone help me pleas to find the right settings or is my system realy to weak for DCS.

regards

Little_D

I have the same specs except my CPU is i7-3820, 3.6ghz, no OC

With medium to good settings I got 40-70 fps at 2560x1080 (depending on the map and module).

I'll post more details later

Edited by PiedDroit

Hi gents,

thx for your help, i have now 40 - 60fps, this are my settings:

regards

Little_D

Test.png.60488751cf4e2c93e49c082ef9641935.png

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

I'll try some of your settings ;)

p.s.:

I'd suggest disabling the Lens Effects. Those are mostly useful for cinematic purpose but they don't appear IRL (without a camera) and they eat some FPS.

Also disabling VSYNC will help a lot.

For reference, with almost the same setup except CPU, I'm using this:

Settings.jpg.fdf91661a42e7f7cd0a58ce2c8525958.jpg

Edited by PiedDroit

Hi PiedDroit,

thx for the hint with the Lens Effects, the VSYNC i need because if i dont use it i have when i look around some graphic errors. I think the main problem is MSAA and AA if i make this both or even 1 higher than 8x i loose mutch fps.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

The biggest thing for me that affects FPS is whether I am using 1 monitor or 3.

My 7 year old computer, intel core 2 quad, 8gig ram, Nvidia 750ti, gets 65-75FPS average with settings at medium using 1 monitor. But I now use 3 monitors bringing down my FPS to 35-50average with most settings to low/off.

Yes I'm getting a new system...

The biggest thing for me that affects FPS is whether I am using 1 monitor or 3.

My 7 year old computer, intel core 2 quad, 8gig ram, Nvidia 750ti, gets 65-75FPS average with settings at medium using 1 monitor. But I now use 3 monitors bringing down my FPS to 35-50average with most settings to low/off.

Yes I'm getting a new system...

3 cameras or 1 cameras across 3 monitors? this is very different

3 cameras or 1 cameras across 3 monitors? this is very different

I have tried 1 camera with a slight gain in FPS, not worth the gain for the side monitors poor graphics, quite ugly actually. So I'm staying with 3 cameras. The low graphic settings on some don't impact that much on the visual but sure give a much smoother flight with very little stutter even at lower FPS