British wingman voices

Hi

I have done some British voices for the wingmen for those who would like to add some more British to the Spitfire experience :)

They can be found at lockonfiles under files/file/3352-dcs-wingman-sound-pack/

Enjoy!

CptT.

Edited by CptTangerine
Error made
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

It would be nice to have some proper English voiceovers for the tutorial missions - thinking of doing my own for them.

You know - lever would be pronounced "leaver" as in English, instead of "levva" as in American - as well as other similar stuff. And referring to ailerons as "airalons" - really basic and to me, it makes it look amateur.

Like saying "ambliance" or "nucular" only worse :cry:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi

Unfortunately, this forum will not let me post the full link for some reason. Just go to the lockonfiles website (add www. to the front and .com to the end) and then paste the path above on to the end.

Not sure why it won't let me post the whole link.

www.****************/files/file/3352-dcs-wingman-sound-pack/

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

It would be nice to have some proper English voiceovers for the tutorial missions - thinking of doing my own for them.

You know - lever would be pronounced "leaver" as in English, instead of "levva" as in American - as well as other similar stuff. And referring to ailerons as "airalons" - really basic and to me, it makes it look amateur.

Like saying "ambliance" or "nucular" only worse :cry:

Agreed.

Brixmis, you should offer your services (and voice) to ED for this and make it official. Loved the voice overs you did on the Gazelle campaign. :thumbup:

They are releasing a campaign for the Spitfire when it reaches full release right, a perfect opportunity for you I recon........

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hi

Unfortunately, this forum will not let me post the full link for some reason. Just go to the lockonfiles website (add www. to the front and .com to the end) and then paste the path above on to the end.

Not sure why it won't let me post the whole link.

www.****************/files/file/3352-dcs-wingman-sound-pack/

CptT

It's because T.W. and any direct references to his website are not welcomed here, leading to a bit of a censorship from ED staff.

You might want to upload the mod to ED repository as well, the more sources to download it the better for the community.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have uploaded this to ED repository and I'm just waiting for moderator approval.

The next one on my list is the player voice. I have done the recording but I just have to motivate myself now to sit down and chop it into about 250 individual files.

I will look at doing an ATC pack although I haven't looked to see how many clips are required yet. It might be enormous.

Cpt T

The British voices are only for support units, I think. But, yes these are just different ones and, at the moment, specifically for the wingmen.

Hi

Thanks.

JSGME? Nope. Afraid not. I hadn't even heard about it until now.

Just install this over the original wingman voices (best to back them up).

They will just replace them. Probably for all missions and all planes, even US ones.

Cpt T

Hi

Thanks.

They will just replace them. Probably for all missions and all planes, even US ones.

Cpt T

Thanks for your efforts.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi

Thanks.

Cpt T

This is the bit that confuses me, I created a custom mission and assigned the country as UK and my wingman appeared to use the built in British files.

It's not very sophisticated.

It would be nice to be able to make it so that these voices were specifically assigned to UK missions or just Spitfire missions, but I don't know if that's possible. If it is possible I don't know how to do it.

Zionid, I have now uploaded an ATC pack to the User Files section. I am still awaiting approval by a moderator so watch this space. Should be available in a day or two.

CptT

For those wishing to install this with JSGME or OvGME, just create this file structure:

English Accent Wingman/Sounds/Speech/Sound/ENG/Common/

Then drop the unzipped Wingman folder into the Common folder.

Finally, add the nested folders to your MODS file and you are good to go.

Great mod, but it would always be far more useful if the precise path needed to install them was included. There are a lot of people around who don't know the intricacies of DCS World file structures.

Thanks for that. I have never used JSGME or OvGME. I had a quick look to see how to make my mod compatible but there didn't seem to be much about it that I could find.

I have put the precise location on the new file (minus drive letter and Program Files: I use F:\ drive as my main games / programs drive and this is under Program Files (x86) for me, so that could also confuse some).

These files are completely without copyright etc. If anyone out there wants to tweak them to improve them, I am happy for that to happen. I have done the best I can for the radio sound etc. but I am aware that it could be better. It would also be good if there was a way to have these only be used for Spitfire missions or other missions where it's primarily going to be a British crew. If anyone knows how to do that, I'm always ready to learn.

l Yeah, I was hoping to get a more tinny, crackly radio sound to them. I followed some guides on how to do it and that seemed to be as good as I could get it. It sounded better without the other sounds around it. The engine seems to drown the static I put in there.

I have tried to make the ATC sounds a little more radio like by running it through the amplifier and the high pass filter a few more times.

If anyone can tell me how to make it better using Audacity or other freeware that would be good.

CptT

I have been using this Mod for a few days now,and love it,I mean really love it......being an Englishman,this means a lot not having to have,with all respect,Yankee chatter in our beloved Spitfires,however,is there any way you could change the Leader's voice too CptTangerine ?

An English speaking Leader's voice would be the icing on the cake.

BTW may I take this opportunity in thanking you Sir for your excellent work :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Hi

I'm glad that you are enjoying the mod.

I have recorded the player voice, it's just a matter of sitting down now and chopping the recording down into the individual files. I've been avoiding doing it because there are a huge number of files to create and it's a really dull and repetitive process. I decided to do the ATC first as it was smaller.

It is definitely on my To Do List though and I should have it done shortly.

Cpt T

.........One word.........Excellent :thumbup:

And thanks again,CptTangerine,we appreciate all your effort fella.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home