British wingman voices

Can't wait to try this :thumbup:

Now all we need it the pilot's voice in a thick cockney ;)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have been using this Mod for a few days now,and love it,I mean really love it......being an Englishman,this means a lot not having to have,with all respect,Yankee chatter in our beloved Spitfires,however,is there any way you could change the Leader's voice too CptTangerine ?

An English speaking Leader's voice would be the icing on the cake.

BTW may I take this opportunity in thanking you Sir for your excellent work :thumbup:

Hmmmmm, all Spitfire pilots were not English.

What constitutes an RAF accent? There were pilots from: England (in all the quaint dialects), Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Poland and more.

Sorry, can't have just an English accent for a Spit Pilot.

Having a variety of accents might fill your hard drive rather quickly though?

But you are absolutely right, being British or supporting the British war effort were many nations - and their sacrifices are something we ought never to forget.

Expanding this theme would be an excellent move.

Hmmmmm, all Spitfire pilots were not English.

What constitutes an RAF accent? There were pilots from: England (in all the quaint dialects), Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Poland and more.

Sorry, can't have just an English accent for a Spit Pilot.

Lol......Yeah,I wasn't trying to intentionally to be culturally blind here,I had no intention I was upsetting the political correctness club :doh:

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Well, it's all going to be in my voice unless others want to chip in :) I'm not going to do a cockney one. I think that accent took enough of a beating with Dick Van Dyke without me adding to things "oh it's a jolly dawgfight Mary Pawpins."

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I've just updated the wingmen voices with improved radio sounds.

I had finished the player voice parts but when I tested them they were incredibly loud. Back to the studio for a bit.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Excellent CptTangerine :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I have just uploaded the Player voice pack to ED User files as well as an updated ATC pack.

The voices are all me so if you have the ATC and the Player pack installed at the same time it might sound a bit like the pilot is talking to himself, though I have now added a bit of static to the ATC voices to help differentiate.

Cpt T

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CaptTangerine,

Thank you for this great addition, very much appreciated. I have combined all 3 of your packs into one JSGME compatible zip file and use it with the group I fly with. It makes it simpler to install and uninstall during updates.

Would you have any objections to me posting a link here to the JSGME file for others to download and use? Not a problem if you are not happy, i am just grateful for your work.....Cheers :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Suntsag

That sounds excellent.

I have no problem whatsoever with you sharing that wherever it will help.

Enjoy!

CptT

Cheers Mate.....

and with the kind permission of CaptTangerine please find below a link to a JSGME compatible version of his excellent Mods(All 3 versions in one.... ATC Player and Wingman). Many thanks and enjoy. Cheers :pilotfly:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9WU05bDlXMkZOXzA/view?usp=sharing

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
Cheers Mate.....

and with the kind permission of CaptTangerine please find below a link to a JSGME compatible version of his excellent Mods(All 3 versions in one.... ATC Player and Wingman). Many thanks and enjoy. Cheers :pilotfly:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9WU05bDlXMkZOXzA/view?usp=sharing

Link dosent work now.

Maybe better to add it on DCS main webside?

I prefer JSGME version also.

Edit. Ok, I did JSGME version myself.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi

I have done some British ...

Checked, but too clear and too modern for me for the Spit.

Check this example:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0V6x0fS1HJc

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I agree. This pack is very well done- it could just use some more post processing. Also, here and there there are some "modern" phrases that would be better with their older variants

Ex: "Ejecting" should be "I'm bailing out"

"Splash one!" could be "Got one!/Bagged one!" etc...

Still it is very good work- and if someone with experience with filters/post processing would lend Tangerine a hand...:)

And its a good idea to have different voices from pilot and ATC. Now it looks the same, so I dont know who talk.... ;) .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

btw. example of German WWII voice pack (mod also):

Yoyosimsbanner.gif