UH-1H Huey Campaign - Medevac

f35VJId.jpg?1

Campaign for 1.5 (Georgia/Russia)

RELEASED!

The final campaign is now complete.

Final Version of the campaign can now be downloaded at:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=3&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=244&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=90&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Required Mods (this will be the only required mod used by the campaign as I want it to be easy for newcomers to play this):

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/346912/ (Home Fries excellent Medal of Honor skin pack)

Optional Mods:

- Starways Vietnam terrain (I also highly recommend his sweet fx settings).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140251

- Skullz Genuine Huey sounds (which are fantastic)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159801&highlight=huey+sound

(this new thread was created, and the old one locked to make it easier for people to find the link)

Videos of some missions can be found on my channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCC9G7AVfi68SovXCTCH-7fA

Edited by Wavehopper
Add YouTube link
  • Like 2

Great idea with the new thread!

I've been following progress on this campaign for a while. Here's the older thread, in case anyone is interested.

I haven't flown any of the final missions yet, but I love the idea behind the campaign and I had a lot of fun flying an earlier version. Anyone looking for good Huey missions can't go wrong here IMO. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks all, it's encouraging to get such good feedback.

I'm sorry it's only 13 missions but I decided to opt for quality over quantity. I was struggling to come up with interesting ideas that didn't detract from the Medevac goal.

Also a big thanks to Yurgon for his play testing. Your feedback helped a lot.

Edited by Wavehopper

Thanks all, it's encouraging to get such good feedback.

I'm sorry it's only 13 missions but I decided to opt for quality over quantity. I was struggling to come up with interesting ideas that didn't detract from the Medevac goal.

Also a big thanks to Yurgon for his play testing. Your feedback helped a lot.

No need to be sorry mate, these are fantastic, perfect for anyone wishing to fl the Huey.

Thankyou it's very very appreciated.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Great Work

i play it all the time .

i so like the uh-1 and so like your work.

BTW

if u think about next project i have tons of Ida and real missions from the Kipur War of the Israeli Force against Egypt .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Just wanted to say thankyou once again. I used mission 2 of this campaign to test my Rift yesterday as I had heard there had been some improvements to the way DCS runs on it.

WOW, what can I say, mind blowing, just mind blowing. I felt like I was truely there doing the medivac.

Thankyou for making this, I can't wait to do the entire campaign in VR. The absolute perfect campaign for VR.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Thank you so much for your work! :thumbup:

I love your Campaign, even if I am not a friend of the long flights, I have no problem with using time acceleration :smilewink:.

I got two problems so far:

In Mission 10 the Huey was heavily overloaded after I loaded the wounded onboard. I wasn´t able to start. I waited until the fuel-tank was nearly empty and then I managed to start, but I did not come back to the Field Hospital. Only when I turned off the weapons in the mission editor the Huey was light enough to come back home.

How did you think that mission has to be flown?

My second problem is, that I can´t accomplishe Mission 11. I load the wounded, land at the field hospital and the wounded get unloaded. But the nothing happens!? What can I do?

Thank you so much for your work! :thumbup:

I love your Campaign, even if I am not a friend of the long flights, I have no problem with using time acceleration :smilewink:.

I got two problems so far:

In Mission 10 the Huey was heavily overloaded after I loaded the wounded onboard. I wasn´t able to start. I waited until the fuel-tank was nearly empty and then I managed to start, but I did not come back to the Field Hospital. Only when I turned off the weapons in the mission editor the Huey was light enough to come back home.

How did you think that mission has to be flown?

My second problem is, that I can´t accomplishe Mission 11. I load the wounded, land at the field hospital and the wounded get unloaded. But the nothing happens!? What can I do?

Hi Icebear.

Mission 10 is working as intended. The trick is to get to 30kts and reach translational lift. To do this with an overloaded Huey, in hot temperatures (higher density altitude) you have to turn into the wind and make very small inputs on the cyclic so as not to dump lift off the main rotor.

You will have to back out carefully, and bump the huey off the skids into translational lift. It is not easy, but it can be done.

Mission 11 is another matter. I haven't had this happen to me so I'll have a look at it over the next couple of days and see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Wavehopper

Hi Guys,

interestingly if I try to find this file directly among DCS user files "manually", without clicking the d/l link above, it never poppes up if filtering for UH-1H files (no other filter set). Am I doing something wrong, or file set up is messed up somehow over there? If so, only people visiting here will ever find it there, not the ones who go directly there periodically looking for new files... just a heads up...

Hi ,

i found that after passing mission 5 (the one with the US nation music) i got to the next mission (the one with the 5 drop point for supply)

but if i quit the sim and go back to the campaign my progress not saved and i need to make the 5 mission again and again .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

First mission flown, got there, landed with proper ILS approach on the active runway, then taxi to the parking area. Quit, mission success rate 50%, need to refly. What did I do wrong? Some kind of list of requirements to fulfill for success would be nice to have...

First mission flown, got there, landed with proper ILS approach on the active runway, then taxi to the parking area. Quit, mission success rate 50%, need to refly. What did I do wrong? Some kind of list of requirements to fulfill for success would be nice to have...

IIRC, you are instructed to recover on the FARP pad nearest the tents. No runway landing, ILS or not.

IIRC, you are instructed to recover on the FARP pad nearest the tents. No runway landing, ILS or not.

Thanks for quick reply, but I never received such instruction. Took off on given heading, but then changed path a bit for shallower terrain. If accurate waypoint overfly is one of the trigger(s) for any verbal (well, pop-up text) instructions, then this could have cause some of them not triggering. I only received I guess one instruction around WP3, then nothing more ever. Extended to east and flew ILS procedure for active RWY, only tower talked to me ever after. Maybe I will try to follow waypoints more accurate next time if that would solve it... :music_whistling:

Thanks for quick reply, but I never received such instruction. Took off on given heading, but then changed path a bit for shallower terrain. If accurate waypoint overfly is one of the trigger(s) for any verbal (well, pop-up text) instructions, then this could have cause some of them not triggering. I only received I guess one instruction around WP3, then nothing more ever. Extended to east and flew ILS procedure for active RWY, only tower talked to me ever after. Maybe I will try to follow waypoints more accurate next time if that would solve it... :music_whistling:

You get the instruction toward the end of the return leg. as the pad comes into sigh, IIRC. A lot of the fun/challenge/goal of the missions are to follow the instructions --- going off script is not only going to miss a lot of the triggers, it is, IMHO, missing the point of the playing the campaign!

Sorry my bad. I didn't pay enough attention, after being told to fly towards Min. Vody, tought I have to go all the way and land there. :doh:

10 NM out ATC answered me RWY 30 is the active, I swinged around early to the east, so proximity trigger to tell me where to put it down had no chance...

Edited by Razor18

The campaign so far is fun and is good that it is based on Vietnam medevac. Thank you.

I had similar issues this mission despite I managed to land where I should, I was not sure till the end where am I going and shall I overfly the waypoints closer. As there was no navigation markings (following a river, hill or whatever) I had to "cheat" with kneeboard marker.

Also 3rd mission where you have to land on the top of the hill, again was some guessing and circling until I figure that out.

After first 3 missions I would say better briefings and routes based on terrain marking are needed.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a tought: messages saying something is being loaded or unloaded popping up pretty often already while hovering low prior landing, but before I touch down. I think they should wait until the helo has really toouched down, just for a more realistic flow. Nontheless nice campaign.

Mission 11 is another matter. I haven't had this happen to me so I'll have a look at it over the next couple of days and see if I can replicate the problem.

Something new here?

I tried it several times, never was the mission completed. I could even watch a few times, that the two F-5 bombarded the Home-FARP and destroyed the two Hueys there. Why?

But even if they did not, the mission was not completed.

i have never managed to pass mission 3.

i landed after ah-1 cleared the area. commander said "set heading 293 and ready to depart etc" but troops never got onboard. i had to skip via editor.lua

what did i do wrong here?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i have never managed to pass mission 3.

i landed after ah-1 cleared the area. commander said "set heading 293 and ready to depart etc" but troops never got onboard. i had to skip via editor.lua

what did i do wrong here?

Most of the times it happened when I did not strictly follow flight plan waypoints on the kneeboard. I remember once I got to the objective "direct to" in a straight line, bypassing triggering waypoint 1, which would have been about 20 degrees left of direct heading to objective, then on the way home somehow happened to trigger it on a reciprocal heading nontheless. Since then I always identified and marked waypoints on the F10 map with red circles before taking off, to avoid this.

Edited by Razor18

but if the trigger had failed, i don't think that crew chief's voice over would have activated

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Man, I just downloaded this campaign. It' absolutely amazing! So immersive with all the little details, plenty of easter eggs, such attention to everything. All the sceneries are set up and populated nicely. The mission lengths are just right, not too long not too short. My hats off to you, and thanks for all the effort you put into this!

I just loved the music in the first mission! I have a "Vietnam" playlist, and 70% of the songs are on it, we have a similar taste. But for the 30% I was flying with Shazam in one hand :D

Also, I love how you made the Huey so heavy on some missions until cargo got unloaded. It really reflected what I read in all those books written by Huey pilots. How did you do it? Where in ME can you make it overweight?