Possible to ad a slider for zoom out?

Little_D

Dear developer,

could it be possible to ad a slider to the videosettings, so the player can decide how far he wants to zoom out? So we dont have this fisheye view.

I know i can change it in the view.lua, but than i have the problem a cant pass the anti - cheat / integrity check.

Or can you change something that we can edit the view.lua so we can passing the anti - cheat / integrity check

It is mabe not so important for jet fighters to zoom out in a fight to the max as you have rockets, but for close doghfights in a range between 100 - 300m it is irritating if you zoom to far out accidentally and than have to zoom in again to get the gunsight so big that you at leats can aim right.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Yes I have to agree with the above request. To zoom out to that degree is not only annoying but detracts from a simulation point of view.

If I actually saw such an exaggerated view while flying a real aircraft I think I would seek medical attention.

Just my thoughts, others may disagree.

Regards,

Ibis.

Great idea. The FOV topic is a bit more complex though and should be taken from a wider perspective of overall view configuration. I would propose to consider following requirements.

1. Provide possibility to configure in game options a gloval view configuration, applying the same view values across all of the modules.

2. Provide possibility to set in game options a module specific view values that would override the global settings. Module specific view values should be obviously optional and if not enabled, the global one should be used.

IMO this is rather a low priority but I do understand that there are people that use a module specific FOV settings.

2. The view values configuration should include

a). default FOV

b). minimum FOV

c). maximum FOV

d). shoulder size

e). eye point - neck size, distance of eyes from neck rotation axis

All mentioned above can be to some extend done today but only by editing the lua file. The good side is that the configuration can be created in a way that doesn't affect the in-game files (is green for IC). Just use the server.lua as also snapviews.lua files stored in the user folder.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I would absolutely second this OP request. The up close aspect of WW2 warbird dog fighting especially on a limited 2D monitor makes having to zoom in and out very important and necessary However, the fisheye effect is almost as disconcerting as the not having any change of view (zoom) at all.

Hi firmek,

thx for the link, i tryed to make it work for 190 and 109, but i think i am to old and to stupid to get it done. So could you do it if you get the View files from 190 and 109 for HD 1920 x 1080 resolution? So that zoom in slow and zoom out slow will work with stop at 90 FoV?

I would also test it joystick.gif

regards

Little_D

Views_109.lua

Views_190.lua

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

I've added both 109 and 190, though I haven't been able to test 190 as I don't have it. 109 I've got during recent sales and didn't fly it yet but thanks to you, now I had an incentive to prepare the view configuration :)

Anyway, I've attached a configuration for 90 and 95 deg FOV - just in case you would like to try it out. All of the planes should have the same default FOV setting.

For both 90 and 95 configs there are two variants - with the zoom in the middle and no zoom out. The other version also removes the annoying zoom out effect as also the whole slider length is used for zoom-in which makes it a tad more precise.

Just place the files in "C:\Users\@user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View" folder.

Let me know in case of any issues or if you would like to have some values fine-tuned. If 190 is working I'll update the files in previously linked thread.

FOV90 - SnapViews.lua

FOV90-nozoomout - Server.lua

FOV90-zoomcenter - Server.lua

FOV95 - SnapViews.lua

FOV95-nozoomout - Server.lua

FOV95-zoomcenter - Server.lua

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hi firmek,

thank you very mutch, all works smooth as hell, both 90 and 95 for both 109 and 190.

I also say thank you from my boys and my friends from Storm of War and ATAG, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Little_D

Edited by Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

Great that it works. Happy flying and hunting! Though I'll probably be on the receiving side as from the warbirds I fly mostly the Spit :)

I've added both 109 and 190, though I haven't been able to test 190 as I don't have it. 109 I've got during recent sales and didn't fly it yet but thanks to you, now I had an incentive to prepare the view configuration :)

Anyway, I've attached a configuration for 90 and 95 deg FOV - just in case you would like to try it out. All of the planes should have the same default FOV setting.

For both 90 and 95 configs there are two variants - with the zoom in the middle and no zoom out. The other version also removes the annoying zoom out effect as also the whole slider length is used for zoom-in which makes it a tad more precise.

Just place the files in "C:\Users\@user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View" folder.

Let me know in case of any issues or if you would like to have some values fine-tuned. If 190 is working I'll update the files in previously linked thread.

Awesome!! Thank you very much! :thumbup:

Hi firmek,

forgot something, as i changed it by my self :megalol:.

You have in one line -80.0000000, where thje original is -90.000000. I changed it back because with your settings you can by closed cockpit in the 109 put your head out of the cockpit. Also i changed head to body as i like it more.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän