Saitek X52/Pro Trigger Guard in the Viggen

Ice_Cougar

I had a somewhat weird idea...so any X52 (at least X52 Pro) users know about the weapon safety in the center of the stick near the hats. The little metal tab that the X52 Pro's safety guard presses down to make the "Fire" button green, and when the guard is flipped up (like flipping the weapon safety on the Viggen's stick up) the button "arms" (becomes red). I was wondering if could it be possible to make this metal tab a two-way/on-off switch that could be mapped either through the Saitek programming software from the CD, or through DCS. If not, I'll just make the "Fire" button itself toggle the safety on the stick in-game

(I've checked almost everywhere else for anything pertaining on how to actually make this metal tab become a programmable function and found nothing so far. So it wouldn't surprise me if its impossible to make it a programmable function without re-wiring something which would probably get rid of the functionality of a button...) Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

-Ice_Cougar

(Kingfisher in-game)

Wouldn't it be "hackable" though, rewiring to a button instead of the led...?

In theory yes, one could re-wire it to a button, but then you'll lose that button. Also the metal tab controlling the LED would be an ON/OFF function such as a two-way switch since lifting the tab simply,"Closes the circuit" as Krinje said earlier. Since the X-52 doesn't HAVE an actual toggle button (like the power button on an old computer monitor or a radio) or a two-way switch (like a light switch or a Thrust-Master Warthog's two-way APU switch). If the X-52 Pro had one it could be re-wired. However if leatherneck made a control feature to be able to HOLD DOWN a button to lift the arming safety on the Viggen's stick in-game, then in theory it could be done...again only if you're willing to re-wire something on your X-52. My 52 Pro's warranty is gone or soon gone, so I may open it up and change some things up a little ;) (Such as getting rid of the throttle detents so I can more easily control the afterburner...)

Again thanks for the reply and interest.

• 3 years later...