only gun 1 functions?

wavn

Gun 1 funtions ok: when activating the first (most left) gun, you hear the activating sound, the light gets green and you can shoot.

However when this gun is empty and you activate nr. 2 or 3: you can hear the activating sound but you cannot shoot anymore.

Best regards, Willem

The MiG has only one gun with 4-seconds worth of ammunition supply, thus it needs one button for charging. The remaining two buttons work on the same gun and are there only to recharge in case of misfire.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The MiG has only one gun with 4-seconds worth of ammunition supply, thus it needs one button for charging. The remaining two buttons work on the same gun and are there only to recharge in case of misfire.

The reason is because it is gas-operated, the charge is the equivalent of arming a handgun by cycling the slide and cocking the hammer (with an explosive charge hehe).

So in case of misfire or jam you need to arm it again.

Note that firing under high G can also cause the gun to jam.

yeah, as he said, the buttons are just controlled explosions to unjam the gun if it jammed however if you use out all the ammunition without jamming the gun, you've done good and those buttons are of no use. Hope i helped.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

That was fun to read. No offense :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There no such thing as a stupid question here... but there is a competition for one.... names get drawn out of a hat every Sunday.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Anyways, feel free to ask questions anytime. There will be people willing to help (with the occasional hint to look at the manual of course ^^).

We all were at a point were we couldn't figure something out one day and were glad to get some help. DCS can be a bit overwhelming from time to time. :)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Thanks spiddx: I had looked for the manuals at the place where the ED manuals are and in this forum; the Leatherneck manuals are in the installation, I assume: have to look at that.

Can however imagine the reactions of probad and joey45: my son would have made the same reaction (lol): I am a bit older then most of you......

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

Manuals are always stored in DCS\mods\aircraft\..module name..\Doc folder. Have fun! :book:

• Like 1

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

In the BIS version you have only 1 gun but i guess you knew that in some versions it has 2 23mm guns. But those 2 more buttons are if the gun jammed or if (in real life) the ground crew loaded some ammo but didnt load the first button because of time (well its an interceptor)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyways, feel free to ask questions anytime. There will be people willing to help (with the occasional hint to look at the manual of course ^^).

We all were at a point were we couldn't figure something out one day and were glad to get some help. DCS can be a bit overwhelming from time to time. :)

+1

True, it is much more sensible to read the manual, but being helpful costs nothing, creates good impression of the forum, and will make Sithspawn happy.

Help could of course be in the form of a link to the right place to find the information. I remember just how overwhelming the complexity of DCS modules were on day 1.

True, it is much more sensible to read the manual, but being helpful costs nothing, creates good impression of the forum, and will make Sithspawn happy.

Help could of course be in the form of a link to the right place to find the information. I remember just how overwhelming the complexity of DCS modules were on day 1.

Lol that really seems creepy when you put it that way :D

I also try to refer to the manual except when I'm writing from my phone where every character counts :music_whistling: