Exporting MFCDs and RWR to same screen as Ikarus?

This probably seems like a very FNG type question, but I don't understand all of the "lua" stuff. I have managed to have outstanding success with Ikarus to display an interactive front console on a second monitor. This is an effort to start a home cockpit, where the touchscreen monitor will be in it's proper position as the "dashboard". However, I can not seem to find a suitable program to push the MFCDs and RWR to display in their respective positions on the second monitor. Aka, I have three open spaces in an otherwise functional center panel. Is there a program that will do this without conflicts with either DCS or Ikarus? I don't work for or represent Ikarus, but I really like it, so I'd like to run with it. I only want the blank spaces to display what would be displayed on the MFCDs and RWR, I don't want interactivity; I have that with the other program. I've searched for answers to this, but I am coming up empty.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Hellog MurderOne,

please read follow threads...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89282

and then create your own lua file....

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

I appreciate your assistance with this. I think I am just not understanding what I need to do, and I am unable to find the files specified in the threads that have been linked. I have my monitors set up very simply; I am running two monitors at 1920x1080 and my operating system sees them as one. Obviously, that gives me a total screenspace of 3840x1080. I run DCS in 1920x1080 on my primary monitor (left) and when I set up Ikarus, the initial X position is 1920 and 0 for the Y position.

Where the thread states "- First go to S:\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit

- Then go to the indicator folder you want to use (Eg : AN_ALR69V\indicator

- then open the init.lua file of your indicator (Eg : AN_ALR69V_init.lua here)

- find this line", it's just not there. I'm running both 1.5 and 2.0, with FC3 and A-10C modules, if that has any bearing on the situation.

I'm definitely not having a remotely easy time doing this. I've attempted to modify the "MFCD" monitor profile, but it doesn't do anything different than 1 screen. I get a full 1920x1080 cockpit, but nothing else. I know some of you guys are really good at this, but I clearly am not. This is what I came up with, but it did nothing. It shows as an option in the options menu, it just functions like the default single screen.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 250;

height = 250;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2810;

y = 0;

width = 250;

height = 250;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I did manage to get everything except the RWR working properly. If you know what I can do to get it to work, great. If not, I'm kind of ok with that. Here's what I have that's working.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1980;

y = 170;

width = 370;

height = 370;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3403;

y = 170;

width = 370;

height = 370;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Hello MurderOne,

your monitor config file is ok so far.

But please write something unique in the fields "name" and "Description"!

And replace "screen.aspect" with "1.177778"!

Insert this rows on end of the file.

RWR_SCREEN =
       {
           x = 560;
           y = 100;
           width = 200;
           height = 200;
       }

If necessary, you still have to adjust the values in the "RWR_SCREEN" block.

The monitor configuration file you save in the following path.

"C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup"

If necessary, you still have to create some folders.

Make a backup from follow file "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator\AN_ALR69V_ init.lua".

Edit the file "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\indicator\AN_ALR69V_ init.lua"

Insert this rows on end of the file.

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("RWR_SCREEN")

CU Micha

• Like 1

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM