Sound mods mess up other sounds

I always thought the sounds of DCS are not up to the standards set by everything else in this sim. Luckily there are many great sound mods out there. However, if I install these via JSGME, it messes up other sounds. For example: if I install a Mustang or 109 sound mod, the missile launch in the F-15 would sound funny, and the rolling grumble sound in the F-86 would not decrease with speed. Stuff like this. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the price we have to pay for using sound mods?

Thanks

It's just files that are changed with the mods.

Latter Mod will override any file that previous mod changed.

You can't have 2 of the same files being copied at the same location and expect them to work differently.

If you want to fix this you're gonna have to invest time into cleaning unecessary files that conflict and keep the files you like

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

There would be no problem if each aircraft had its 100% own sounds. However, various .wav samples are shared between different aircraft (with different parameters in .sdef files, but still...). Even 3rd party modules "borrow" some sounds from ED ones. So if a mod replaces one of shared samples with something tuned for a specific airplane, a few other will inevitably be affected, usually in a bad way.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.