How to escape attack from the rear?

LeCuvier

In MP (NORMANDY ANTICIPATION) I often run ground attacks without a wingman, and as I have to focus on the ground targets I often get surprised by an attacker who got too close to my rear while I'm low and at limited speed. More than half the time they shoot me down. What is the best tactic to survive, or ideally even turn the situation around?

Today I escaped this attack by weaving and full throttle; but I suppose that was an inexperienced pilot.

Second question: I hear on the forum that the Dora has superior roll rate due to its more effective ailerons. Also Pierre Clostermann in his book "Le Grand Cirque" mentions the superior aileron performance of the Dora. How can I take advantage of the better roll rate?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Rule number one would be to never get slow.

Even when ground pounding. Make wide manoeuvres and try to kept your speed up.

As for role rate: Try out barrel roles and scissors and use your aileron more than your elevator. Do this in relation to your foe on your six, meaning try to always go into another direction than him. If he moves to the right role around and move to the left.

Remember: This is no magical winning tactic. If you got somebody on your six and he knows what he is doing, you're lost pretty much anyway.

So again, never get slow. The Dora lives and dies with it.

as others said, don't ever get caught being slow. As for things you can do, dive and get some air speed. then start doing a flat scissors maneuver and hope he cant keep up. if he is really high on energy maybe you could try and slow down during the scissors and force an over shoot.