New MiG-21 Operating Procedures (Kneeboard Checklist)

Mike Busutil

Every aircraft needs a checklist to ensure safe and proper operations. One of my hobbies is making detailed checklist for DCS aircraft to help me to better understand all of the systems and force me to read the flight manual for the information. Now we have one for the MiG-21 and I have decided to release it into the world. :thumbup:

Although the MiG-21 can be started and be tearing down the runway in a matter of minutes, common sense tells us that this is the case for an aircraft that has been setup for a scramble launch and already has most switches and systems in place for a fast launch. This is a full checklist so it is not intended to be fast.

For those of us who enjoy doing cold starts and learning the systems, this checklist may be for you. :book:

This is a detailed nine page operating checklist for the MiG-21 kneeboard and includes 210 checklist items including checklist sections for Engine and System startup, Weapons, Taxi, hold short position, Line-up, Takeoff, Rotate, Climb-out, Approach, Landing & Shutdown. (Also includes warnings, cautions & notes)

Download here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2319241/

To install:

JSGME Ready or,

Unzip the folder and place all files here for version 1.5:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Unzip the folder and place all files here for version 2.0:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Unzip the folder and place all files here for version 2.5:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

I am open to changes being that this is my first release of this checklist so if you see a mistake or would like me to add to this please let me know.

I have been going through this checklist and making changes for months now. After 60 document changes and 12 versions I think it is ready. :D

Hopefully you find this enjoyable.

tX4QmoG.jpg

AixdVPg.jpg

bTAhLMD.jpg

0fXwewm.jpg

xBmc27u.jpg

hJ9jisQ.jpg

g7JqS83.jpg

21RrqPw.jpg

7a0fRoD.jpg

MiG-21 Operating Procedures.zip

Edited by Mike Busutil
  • Like 4

where is exactly the difference between cold and normal start?

hmm, cold means that the aircraft is tottaly turned off, without any system on. "Normal start" hmm, I'm not quite sure is there something like that, but in DCS reality I think you can call that hot start, when your aircraft is ready for take-off.

i5 4460 3.2GHz 16GB RAM GTX650Ti

• 3 months later...

Obviously it is not a required item for a quick start up but while someone is learning the system and taking their time, the battery will drain over time and eventually die completely.

The ground power will ensure your battery remains charged and you can take your time learning.

• 11 months later...

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 10 months later...

Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\pages

do I have to create the indicator end content folder or has it been changed to just the pages folder?

:pilotfly:

i7-920, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Gigabyte x58 ud3r, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, 2x500GB SSD+1x250ssd, TrackIR 5 clip, screen 42 inches, and 21 inches, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick,t500rs,th8 shifter, Saitek Pro throttle, x controller, G11 keys