VA-75 CO

VA75%20CO_zpsvc664srd.png~original

VA-196 Main Battery (1990)

VA196%20CAG%2090_zpsgo89obeo.png~original

VA-196 (1995)

VA196%20CAG%2095_zpsnrr3uge3.png~original

VMA(AW)-332 Moonlighters

VMA322%20CO_zpshq4op33u.png~original

Most squadron packs will include eight skins: one CAG and seven line birds, allowing unique aircraft in large strike packages. Each skin has a regular version (like you see here) and a weathered variant for desert climates. All markings are based on historical A-6E aircraft, including serial numbers.

I may end up splitting VA-196 into 1990 and 1995 skin packs due to size contraints; to be determined.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still uploading. Had to make a pause due to my flight from berlin to Graz. Not much longer now :)

Cobra, Hope your well.

can i ask when the rest will be uploaded :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Patience!

Uploading a few files is not as easy as we may think. And they are BIG too!

This simply can not be done in a few days or even weeks.

I´m sure we´ll get them some day though - maybe as a nice christmas surprise :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Patience!

Uploading a few files is not as easy as we may think. And they are BIG too!

This simply can not be done in a few days or even weeks.

I´m sure we´ll get them some day though - maybe as a nice christmas surprise :smilewink:

500mb is the largest uploaded so far... so not massive it takes 2 weeks lol

unless they are making them.

How big are they?

this big

[................................................................................................................................]

edit

LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_1 = 217 megs

LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_2 = 1.2 gigs

LNS_VIG_FUSELAGE_T = 508 megs

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

With the Fuselage 1 and 2 templates, what is the purpose of the first template, and is there a reason to have two templates instead of putting the livery patterns in the second template?

I read the instructions that say to do the livery in the first template and then copy the merged image over to the second template, but between the shading in both templates this seems to bake the texture more than it should. Is there a recommended setting for removing shading/baking in the first template prior to importing the image to the second template?

Lastly, Why would we want to put our decals on in the second template after the first round of baking? I would think it would be better to put the decals on in the first template. Better yet, put everything in a single huge template (which brings me back to my first quesiton, as to why we have two).

Not a criticism at all; these templates display a lot of detail and are great to work with. I just want to understand the rationale for the setup so I can better utilize the templates as intended.

Joey how come I have not found any skins by you for the Viggen? :music_whistling:

Blue tail Empire Test Pilot School based on the Saab JAS 39 Gripen in the works plus the classic grey/green camo.

as I'm off till the 30th I'll be finishing off a few others on other airframes.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

That camo really suits the Viggen, enjoy your holidays and I hope all your skins work in 2.1 or you will need another holiday to fix em :)

I'll bribe my doctor so I get 6 weeks off.... paid.

Hey guys!

Sorry for being so quiet on this, there's no excuse for this delay.

I've been incredibly busy moving all of the Viggen artwork for PBR. The wing PSDs will be up within 20 hours from this post.

Thanks Cobra, appreciate the work

Thank you for the PSD's :)

I have noticed the Panel lines, rivets do not appear to be separate from the camo on top of the wings.

I have copied the bottom and placed them on the top wing, has anyone else noticed this or have I missed something hehehe

FYI there are 2 'LNS_VIG_WING_L_2' files.. Is this right?

You're right, Joey. They are the same files with the same layers. I'm sure wing template 1 still needs to be uploaded.

Thank you for the PSD's :)

I have noticed the Panel lines, rivets do not appear to be separate from the camo on top of the wings.

I have copied the bottom and placed them on the top wing, has anyone else noticed this or have I missed something hehehe

What's missing is the first template, where you create your base texture, "bake it" and copy the merged texture to be the base of template 2.

Edited by Home Fries