New F/A-18C squadron standing up. VMFA-251

tlhaskell

Digital Combat Simulations

Marine Fixed-Wing Fighter Attack Squadron 251

Mission Statement

The mission of DSC: VMFA-251 is to bring together players who are looking for a more accurate flight experience with the F/A-18C in DCS. This squadron is formed with the understanding that entertainment is the primary focus of any player, but incorporating actual squadron composition and duties enhance the game and the realism for the player.

Squadron personnel should expect an interactive experience in training, deploying to hostile situations and earning flight positions with the squadron. This comes with the understanding that membership is more than just showing up and flying. There is a level of involvement outside the actual game to build and prepare for missions; maintain webpages; and developing your in-game skills.

For those, who decide to accept the challenges laid out before them, the squadron welcomes you aboard. We hope you enjoy your commission with VMFA-251. Please visit DCS: VMFA-251 on face book until our webpage is up and running.

Theodore L Haskell

Operations Officer

Edited by tlhaskell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The air battle is not necessarily won at the time of the battle. The winner may have been determined by the amount of time, energy, thought and training an individual has previously accomplished in an effort to increase his ability as a fighter pilot." ~ Pappy Boyington

Will you fly the Hornet mod, which is only an external model mod ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I believe they fly the A-10C and F-5E until the Hornet comes out later this year.

i7-4790 @3.6GHz, 16GB DDR3 Ram, GTX 745, Saitek X55 Rhino, Track IR 5.

Modules I can't wait for (Wishlist)

F/A-18C, F-16(Block40+), Su-30, Su-24, F-15E, Tornado IDS

Oh-58D, Ah-1(W/Z)

Missile Flight Model Upgrade

ATC upgrade

Wing Vapor and Wingflex (on everything)

Hi all,

Looks like we have had a bit of an interest. I am located in Fort Wayne, IN USA. But that should not stop people from joining. The squadron is not using the F/A-18C converters out there now but is waiting on the new F/A-18C module to come out. Currently we are using the modules we have to learn the system, and keep our skills fresh. Once the module comes out we will require all squadron pilots to transfer to that mod for squad night. Our web page which will be active on Monday or Tuesday will be VMFA251.com. For now answers are in better supply on Facebook.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The air battle is not necessarily won at the time of the battle. The winner may have been determined by the amount of time, energy, thought and training an individual has previously accomplished in an effort to increase his ability as a fighter pilot." ~ Pappy Boyington

Salute!

Good Luck Matee! Always good to see other interested in the F-18C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Salute!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a real-life U.S. Marine, I have to ask you to not use that signature block. In doing so, you are attempting to represent yourself as an actual commissioned officer in the United States Marine Corps. This is both illegal and in very poor taste. What you wrote is, frankly, unacceptable. That the format is entirely incorrect is besides the point. We know better, but civilians such as yourself unfamiliar with the style guidelines we use might think that you are an individual with some actual authority.

Please adjust accordingly, as soon as possible. Indicate clearly that you are not an actual Marine Officer, and that you are involved in a virtual unit.

hi there. i just wanted to point out a couple of things buddy.

who is this aimed at. and how do you know they are NOT a marine secondly wouldn't a PM be best suited to talk about your request. and isnt the usa all about freedom of speech.

thirdly i could quote 'Churchill or General O'Neil from stargate......doesnt mean im pretending i was either in ww2 or stargate does it ?

i have hugh respect for you bud based on what you do for work. but come on who ever this is aim at haven't stated IM A MARINE have they.

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Digital Combat Simulations

Marine Fixed-Wing Fighter Attack Squadron 251

Mission Statement

The mission of DSC: VMFA-251 is to bring together players who are looking for a more accurate flight experience with the F/A-18C in DCS. This squadron is formed with the understanding that entertainment is the primary focus of any player, but incorporating actual squadron composition and duties enhance the game and the realism for the player.

Squadron personnel should expect an interactive experience in training, deploying to hostile situations and earning flight positions with the squadron. This comes with the understanding that membership is more than just showing up and flying. There is a level of involvement outside the actual game to build and prepare for missions; maintain webpages; and developing your in-game skills.

For those, who decide to accept the challenges laid out before them, the squadron welcomes you aboard. We hope you enjoy your commission with VMFA-251. Please visit DCS: VMFA-251 on face book until our webpage is up and running.

Theodore L Haskell

Major USMC

Operations Officer

good luck to you sir

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

This is both illegal and in very poor taste. What you wrote is, frankly, unacceptable.

Actually Stolen Valour is only illegal in the United States. This is the internet... Not America :)

And frankly this should have been handled via PM, you have no idea who this guy is or his history, but I can understand why this would upset you, it just could have been handled better.

Good luck to the new Squadron!

Edited by [Maverick]
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

As a real-life U.S. Marine, I have to ask you to not use that signature block. In doing so, you are attempting to represent yourself as an actual commissioned officer in the United States Marine Corps. This is both illegal and in very poor taste. What you wrote is, frankly, unacceptable. That the format is entirely incorrect is besides the point. We know better, but civilians such as yourself unfamiliar with the style guidelines we use might think that you are an individual with some actual authority.

Please adjust accordingly, as soon as possible. Indicate clearly that you are not an actual Marine Officer, and that you are involved in a virtual unit.

It's not illegal, it's the internet. Furthermore noone here thought he was an actual marine major (even if someone did, who cares, I treat all people equally) Edit: he is actually a major, i'm retarded, haha. We are on a simulator forum, (virtual) ranks are normal in these community's. When someone makes a statement he is actually in a real life a soldier/marine/pilot/etc. I will assume the rank someone states might be real.

For all I care, he could have said he's a plumber. Ranks and jobs don't deserve people respect. It's what you do on the job and outside it and every job has assholes and good people. Since I don't know this guy, I treat him with the same respect as others I don't know, even if he was an actual marine.

Edited by fixen

My apologies If I offended anyone. I was commissioned a 2ndLt in the Marine Corps in 1995 and promoted to Major in 2006. I will redact my rank which I believe I earned to make you feel better. Also I served with HMH-461 as a CH-53E pilot. I went to war as a forward air controller with 2nd Battalion, 8th Marines. I can present a 214 if you need. Stolen Valor is only stolen if you are not the real thing. See my face book page for more confirmation.

Edited by tlhaskell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stolen Valor only pertains to someone who fakes being in the military to benefit from things like free college and many other things. Please give this guy a break.

Tlhaskell don't mind the troll above. Thank you for serving. He has been reported because honestly something like this can be put in a PM. People don't have to be complete idiots here and be little people because there making a virtual squadron.

Trev grow up please. If you knew what stolen valor really was you would realize its not illegal what he is doing. He is not benefiting financial or in any way that would be illegal like getting credits for a job and so forth. Yes I do know this for a fact. If he was playing as he was you can ask him nicely.

Have a good day I have said what I had to. Don't discourage anyone here who wants to make a official Online group.

Edited by iVVChewy9141VVi

My apologies If I offended anyone. I was commissioned a 2ndLt in the Marine Corps in 1995 and promoted to Major in 2006. I will redact my rank which I believe I earned to make you feel better. Also I served with HMH-461 as a CH-53E pilot. I went to war as a forward air controller with 2nd Battalion, 8th Marines. I can present a 214 if you need. Stolen Valor is only stolen if you are not the real thing. See my face book page for more confirmation.

You don't need to present your DD214 to anyone. He can either take your statement of service or not.

You don't need to apologize; if you were a Marine and reached the rank of Major, then you have every right to "wear" that "title." As a veteran, myself, I can chose to include my service information on what ever medium I wish - so can you.

I'm sure USMC_Trev wouldn't appreciate someone else telling him to change his forum handle and accuse him of stolen valor without due cause.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Ok, you were even a real major. Makes my earlier comment about it obviously being a virtual rank look stupid, haha. Anyway, the same thing still stands. It does not matter if one gives a rank or job, because there was not a intend to profit from it anyway. I was even convinced it was just his virtual rank. Anyway, enough said.

*I would not have deleted it, people get offended way too easily these days.

Thanks guys for the support. I am not upset at all . I did take the rank and USMC off the post to avoid upsetting anyone else in the future. I have no doubt he felt justified in what he said. Just jumped the gun and handled it with his emotions still running high. I do not think it needs anymore time spent on it. To all those who came to the post looking for a new squadron, we would still love to have you join and hopefully you realize that the post here were over real feelings and taken care of in a way that hopefully shows the kind of respect I give to all people.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will be on TeamSpeak tonight to meet everyone at 6pm Eastern. 76.250.56.75:9989 is the connection information.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, I couldn't make it on TS on time, was playing volleyball. However, I am still interested in joining. I was wondering if you guys play on the Nevada theater or the Caucasus map. I would prefer Nevada but if it is Caucasus I am still interested to play in a group of people, could be fun.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager