Nevada Release

Dino Might

Same here.....

I'ts the only reason why I go back to 1.5....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

yes please... Spit in a proper combat sim map!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The Russian Christmas break would have had a great deal of effect on your "two weeks later" estimate.

Soon I would guess...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I certainly am hoping for this Friday as well, can't wait to buzz Vegas in my Spit!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Bear in mind, guys, that 1.5 is still the only known safe/good development sandbox for any new modules or additions to the DCS kernel, so everything is gonna start there. Nevada as its own standalone is still not even a Beta, so you gotta cut the devs a little (okay, ALOT) of slack, even though I too... am itching to get the Spitfire out to Echo bay, lol

After flying over the Black Sea region map we have now, basically unchanged since, what... 2006? And then the rudimentary (by today's standards) black sea map in Flanker 4.0 - I think its safe to say we are ALL quite done out there, and never want to see Batumi again - I think I could fly from airfield to airfield in my sleep at this point LOL

I think you just completely read that wrong... unfortunately.

As the title of the thread is Nevada, I think its likely that was what Wags was referring to.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

yeah, she sure is great in VR. They did a real fantastic job on her.

Now all we need is a WW2 North African campaign and were off! :D

In wonder if Yo-Yo could put some sand filters on the old girl. Hopefully once Normandy is released and the WW2 ground units become available I wonder if we could use them on the NTTR map for a North African scenario?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

be a different story when Normandy comes out, after that 1.5 gets deleted on my machine

If you have 1.5.6 it might be a good idea to keep it until the complete merger. I say this because when upgrading 2.xx, it usually transfers files from the 1.5.x beta into 2.x and thereby makes the upgrade faster as it doesn't have to download those files over the internet.

If you have 1.5.6 it might be a good idea to keep it until the complete merger. I say this because when upgrading 2.xx, it usually transfers files from the 1.5.x beta into 2.x and thereby makes the upgrade faster as it doesn't have to download those files over the internet.

But don't you still have to download those files to keep 1.5 updated? So you aren't actually saving any download.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Something "Fun" to experience for you Spit/Nevada drivers who also own the DCS P-51... You can Do The Fantastic Wags,Vegas Tour mission with your Spit.It's a great mission for this aircraft because she handles so well at low speeds.

Just copy your /Mods/Aircraft/p-51/Missions/quick start/vegas tour mission and paste into your mission folder,Open the mission and change the Mustang to The Spit:thumbup: Have FUN!!!

Patrick

mini.gif

Well, I genuinely enjoyed taking the spit for a spin around NTTR but... this flight model update has me pretty depressed. I feel like it was tweaked to satisfy whining customers, not to stick with realism... the plane almost never enters a snap roll no matter what you do, stalls and recovers all on its own like a Cessna, and now when doing takeoff/landing it allows absurd amounts of differential load (L-R main gear) in terms of lateral acceleration without going up on two wheels. Heck I even applied differential braking immediately after touchdown when landing too fast yesterday and it straightened right out like a... Cessna.

Kind of heartbreaking after the initial FM's difficult realism :(

How do You know if initial version was more realistic or not ;) ? IF there was "initial version", 'cause I've just compared 1.5.5 with 1.5.6 / 2.0.5 ("Free flight" missions) and I don't see noticeable differences, which makes me believe there were no big changes (if any) made in beyond critical AoA regimes.

In 260-280 mph left turns, both versions snap roll immediately between 5 and 6 G, in right turns they sometimes do, sometimes don't. In fully developed power-off left spins both versions recover with controls centered after about two turns, in right spins the 1.5.5 recovers after about two-three, while 2.0.5 was more difficult, as it didn't recover at all in a few attempts I made (I had to use the left rudder eventually).

Not sure about ground handling, as I desperately try not to impose lateral accelerations. Takeoffs and landings are still equally tricky as before. Your description doesn't comply with my observations :D. Are You sure You didn't forget to click off auto-rudder in special options after installing the Spit in 2.0?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.