But it's the wrong Spitfire... or wrong Messerschmitt

Dunravin

DCS WWII will Probably be the most interesting part of the DCS world.

The Spit, 109 and 190 will probably be modelled to hell and back.

Once achieved.

A time linear/module linear multiplayer dynamic campaign in Normandy would be superb!

Imagine meeting the Butcher Bird for the first time!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Seriously guys? The same people spending two and half pages (so far) going over the same facts and details as they've gone over already in a dozen other threads and going off topic from the OP?

And you wonder why threads get locked...

Thread ended with Zilch's response on the first page, or at the latest by Ala13_ManOWar's comments on units not magically being upgraded over night.

Remember the elevator thread? The large wheel well bulges were introduced late October 1944 and are mainly a MK XVI thing. The cannon shrouds are mid 44 as you found out yourself. Like this no Spit could have flown over Normandy. But like I said, why argue based on such things.. lets rather enjoy the awesome Spitfire.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Huhboy, this bit again...

The 109K didn't exist in large numbers at all, but it is the plane we have.

Prien and Rodeike write that 534 were delivered by the end of November 1944, and at least 1200 more were constructed before the end of the war.

Here are the production numbers for some Merlin-powered Spitfire marks (wikipedia)

[TABLE]Mark Built by Numbers Built Notes

F VII, H.F VII Supermarine 140 First Mk VII September 1942

F VIII, L.F VIII Supermarine 1,658 First Mk VIII 11 November 1942

F IX, H.F IX, L.F IX Supermarine, Castle Bromwich 5,656 First Mk IX BR581 June 1942

PR X Supermarine 16 First Mk X May 1944

PR XI Supermarine 471 First Mk XI November 1942

XVI Castle Bromwich 1,054 First Mk XVI October 1944[/TABLE]

So far less 109Ks than Spit IXs, but K-series production looks comparable to the Mk VIII series.:)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Post 28 has a file for new 109 production.

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=2462&page=3&highlight=neubau+109s

In 1944 854 K-4s had been built but only 167 were on hand with operational units and had suffered 214 losses.

I'm confused? Is that more credible than a historian's published research? Sincere question, not an attack. You might have a good reason for preferring that source.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Remember the elevator thread? The large wheel well bulges were introduced late October 1944 and are mainly a MK XVI thing. The cannon shrouds are mid 44 as you found out yourself. Like this no Spit could have flown over Normandy. But like I said, why argue based on such things.. lets rather enjoy the awesome Spitfire.

Yes, agreed no need to go over old ground I am sure before full release we will have a perfectly historical model :thumbup: and she is already a beauty :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thanks for the quotes mates.

All Merlin 66s were able to use +18 lbs boost right from the start. So, no, the so-called "LFIX Merlin 66 @ 18lbs boost" was not built only from 1944 on.
That's the thing, was it, really? What about the 12Lbs?

All right, so my memory tricked me.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'm confused? Is that more credible than a historian's published research? Sincere question, not an attack. You might have a good reason for preferring that source.

Prien has admitted that there are errors in his books and should be revised.

The person in the link, ArtieBob, aka Dr. Andrew Arthy, is also a published author and researcher.

He authored, https://www.amazon.ca/Focke-Wulf-Fw-190-North-Africa/dp/1903223458

The new production numbers differ by 5 so would say the Arthy numbers are pretty accurate.

Thanks for the quotes mates.

That's the thing, was it, really? What about the 12Lbs?

All right, so my memory tricked me.

S!

Salute Ala13_ManOWar for keeping polite and on-the-level over this issue. You have respect reputation added from me.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Prien has admitted that there are errors in his books and should be revised.

The person in the link, ArtieBob, aka Dr. Andrew Arthy, is also a published author and researcher.

He authored, https://www.amazon.ca/Focke-Wulf-Fw-190-North-Africa/dp/1903223458

The new production numbers differ by 5 so would say the Arthy numbers are pretty accurate.

Very interesting, thanks. Did Prien say specifically that the K series production/delivery numbers are in error, or was that more of a general statement?

Very interesting, thanks. Did Prien say specifically that the K series production/delivery numbers are in error, or was that more of a general statement?

From link,

"Dear ArtieBob,

you are right - when we put together the Bf 109 F - K some 12 or more years ago we had only fragments of the C-Amts Listen at our disposal which helped a great deal but also left some questions unanswered.

With all the new material that has been unearthed since it would be high time for a new - third - edition if we only had time for it. Right now we are fully booked out with work on the JFV series. The need for a revamping the F - K study is great as - at least in my opinion - nothing has been published since that would mark a real step ahead in the field of '109 research or could even be considered as the definitive work. Not to be misunderstood - we consider our small volume as just what it is labelled - an illustrated study. But as such - and even more so in an updated version - it could hold ist own against anything that has been published since.

Jochen Prien"

• Like 1

I think you are referring to the 15lbs used on the early Merlin 61 powered IX.
May be that. We commented something on the subject when discussion about the Spit model we get started, long ago.

Salute Ala13_ManOWar for keeping polite and on-the-level over this issue. You have respect reputation added from me.
You seem surprised lol.gif. No problem mate, told you there's no problem. Just you're claiming something against my, sometimes, poor memory, but I have to know where does that come from. It's not always my memory the one slipping :D . Thank you either for keeping polite, though you were a bit relentless at first without giving a reason thumbup.gif .

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Lucky VEAO is making a mkXIV.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=335

I been pleasantly surprised at the competitiveness of the mkIX against the k4 and still just getting to know her.

Lucky? The P40 is on presale for ages now. I don't think any of their other projects will be seen for at least five years.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: