ATi Catalyst 6.10 released

I was waiting so impatiently for these catalysts hopping they might fix the issue with X1950 cards, I was very happy for them to finally get released and well, I installed these last night, but I am not so impressed.

I notice no difference in performance or graphics quality (just the same as Cat's 6.9).

The X1950XTX is now supported, so that's something, but I still get the overdrive page in CCC failing to display. I did not even unlock it to begin with, and the second time I went into CCC the page already failed to initiate... or something like that... buggy...

No longer active in DCS...

Guest IguanaKing

I just installed Cat 6.10. I gained a whole whopping 1 point in 3DMark06, but at least the X1950XTX is finally supported as Kuky said. I couldn't believe my ears when I didn't hear the dreaded "Doonk!!!", and I didn't see that "INF file missing" message either. I don't have any problems with the overdrive screen though, so that's a curious bug. Let me know if I can help you work through it Kuky ol' mate. :D

I have found out what's causing the ATI Overdrive page to fail to initialise... it's the ATI HotKey Poller service which I always used to disable because I thought it's used for HotKeys funcionality, which I always disabled in CCC anyway so I thought I might as well disable the service.

Once I enabled it again in Windows Services, restarted windows, and it's working again :D

By the way... 3DMark06 still doesn't want to start, however 3DMark05 works just fine... weird. I might try reinstalling it.

This is "great"... after getting 3DMark06 to work again (reinstalled it) I get much lower score then before... I used to get around 6700 points, now I get around 5680, or even around 4600 points (this is what I get when I disable ATI HotKey and ATI Smart service in Windows Services).

I tried reinstalling old drivers from the CD (with which I used to get 6700) but even with them I stay around 5700... really sucks!

I hate these drivers... and the fact I need to waste hours and hours of my life playing with these stupid kinds of things... way to go ATI...

Edit: oh and by the way, I tried reinstalling Cat's 6.8 and 6.10 twice, reinstalling DirectX 9.0c, this MS NetFrame crap... WindowsXP SP2... and nothing changes. I still get no more then 5800 points in 3DMark06

This is with E6600 @ 3G (CPU score is as expected: 1373) and ATI X1950XTX... does anyone have any ideas?

Guest IguanaKing

Kuky, that almost sounds like a video driver conflict issue. Did you use ATIs Cat removal tool? Although it may sound illogical, you might also try gradually turning down your overclock to see if you get different results. I had mine seemingly running well at just over 3.4, but strange things started happening, and a lot of it was problems with hardware not functioning properly. Give that a shot...its easy enough to try. :)

IguanaKing... yes I did use ATI's Catalyst Uninstaller... I even deleted manually all driver registries from the registry.

I am not doing any overclocking on the video card and I don't know about my CPU overclock, if that can have anything to do with it. it's only overclocked to 3GHz and I've had it at this speed since I bought it about two months ago so I really doubt it's that but I will give it a try later tonight.

Yeah I believe too this has to be some driver conflict... just where??? I unistall the driver properly, I even uninstall the NetFrame, reinstall DirectX, install NetFrame again then Cat's 6.10... and same thing... I still get around 5800. Very anoying for me :(

Guest IguanaKing

You had low numbers like that in the 3DMark06 thread too, but then you got it fixed. Do you remember what you did to fix it? Heh...you've probably tried that a million times by now...but just a suggestion. I know how easy it can be to get so frustrated by a problem that you end up over-looking something simple. Been there MANY times myself. :smilewink:

I remember the only thing I did at that time was to uninstall the drivers... run registry cleaner... then install drivers again, and I think I uninstalled/installed NetFrame as well... but not sure.

The thing is I already tried all this this time and nothing changed. Maybe I just mucked up something that I'm not aware of :(

I would just hate to have to reinstall windows again... which is what I am thinking of doing now... at least it should eliminate any driver conflict issue if I have one.

And hey, thanks for the suggestion :D