Mudspike Rb-05A deployment

Sryan

Yep this is bound to happen. I just hope it isn't me on the receiving end. ^^

Reminds me of the good times when Hadwell killed a guy with a Grom. :D

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the RB-05A control joystick/hat placed in the real cockpit, or is it the radar control joystick that steers the weapon?

Searched through the manual, but have not found any visual reference of the control.

p9y3TvI_59430aa2-2270-4c52-ba34-5466fccb0406_2048x2048.jpg?v=1482460249

The RB 05A Controller is to the right of the Pilots seat. (To the Right of the Joystick and Just behind the Data Imput panel)

You first have the Large Black Lump that is the Handrest for it.

and then infront of the handrest you have a Small Squarish controller that is what is used for guiding the RB 05A.

The manual says it's force sensing, definitely analog.

Anyway, funny weapon, I even managed to hit airborne target once out of dozen tries (or two). One thing that makes me wonder is the lack of any aiming reference point on the HUD when firing this missile. As the missile flies mostly in a straight line, firing it accurately makes it much easier to steer after launch, but since there is no crosshair you can only aim it roughly in the right direction.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Probably, but the idea isn't to steer at the target (as most people on youtube do). You pop up towards the target, fire, then steer slightly away from the target and proceed to guide the missile. The manual has diagrams.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5