burning engine

stalhuth

Any tips to avoid burning engine, I always try to keep the rpm no more than 25/28 in a dogfight but the engine still burning (maybe is because still in beta) the engine can not be so soft delicate in real life

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

The engine can run a long time on max, it's more likely that you overheated your oil, so keep your propeller pitch lower

how lower cause I loose power, specially in climb

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

isn't good to have the rpm throttle and main throttle always in the same level?

Thanks for the advice I will try to don't loose my mind with this plane

Edited by stalhuth

The secret is to not fly vertically at speed lower than 180 mph, and use engine inside tables limitations of course. So not follow enemies on their steep climbs or loopings....fly horizontally and keep your speed between 180 and 280 mph during "turn 'n burn times". During combat manuvers i set RPMs at 2850 and keep boost between 8 and 12 pressure.

2 things to bear in mind...

First, keep airflow into the rads by flying with a little airspeed. I use 180 MPH as a guide to the minimum - though you can go lower, it just gives a reasonable margin.

Set RPM and boost according to the table, and don't exceed maximum time limits, and be aware that after a prolonged high power setting, you'll need to run on a lower one to cool things down again before repeating.

The best advice initially, is to set 2650 RPM, and +9 Boost, and fight with low demands on the engine. By limiting your manoeuvring aggression, you can keep your energy high. Above all, high alpha is the worst situation as it'll bleed energy very rapidly, and THAT is the key to good ACM, not using every ounce of power to overcome shortcomings in you flying skills.

The key to survival in combat is having a healthy engine, so never risk pushing the limits, and you'll have a chance of "pancaking" at the end of the session.

While flying, go boost 7-8 with 2800 rpm or so (in manual it's stated what to use for what) and while climbing, go a bit higher

The spit is neither fast nor a really good climber

Really? The spitfire is a great climber it is not in the same league as the 109 but considering the difference in speed it is fantastic

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• ED Team
Really? The spitfire is a great climber it is not in the same league as the 109 but considering the difference in speed it is fantastic

Yes, but not a zoomer. There is a difference about 700 m in maximum zoom climb at low altitude.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

maybe compared with speed and climb rate yes, but if you compare it to the other planes, it's probably the slowest climber

Well you clearly haven't flown the P-51 :lol: it is painful after seeing what the other aircraft can achieve!

Also I am fairly sure it is a better climber than the 190, however unless the pilot has just taken off they normally have a huge energy advantage.

Yes, but not a zoomer. There is a difference about 700 m in maximum zoom climb at low altitude.

Agreed, it is frustrating to watch the 190 climbing away no hope in catching them unless they make a mistake.

Out of interest Yo-Yo do you have a particularly favourite aircraft after studying these four in detail?

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I fly the P 51, i fly all WWII planes in DCS atm, so your argument is invalid :P

Lol well then you clearly haven't flown the Spitfire enough, if I take off with a P-51 wingman I will have to wait a long time for them to reach the same altitude.. obviously once they are up there the dive advantage comes into play. ;)

Project IX Cockpit

LOL I play the Spit even more than the P-51, your argument is once again invalid :P

is he even pushing his machine to the max?

Either way, i'm always climbing in any module about the same speed, with the same speed, you might do it different, and under maybe different circumstances...

LOL I play the Spit even more than the P-51, your argument is once again invalid :P

is he even pushing his machine to the max?

Either way, i'm always climbing in any module about the same speed, with the same speed, you might do it different, and under maybe different circumstances...

Perhaps your post is the invalid one :music_whistling:

Rate of climb was never one of the P-51's strengths

P-51

mustang-climb.jpg

Spitfire

spit9v109gclimb.jpg

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit