Help needed with Track IR mistake

Hi,

I have several questions about my Natural Point Track IR software. When updating the software from the official Track IR site my AntiVirus detected a potential virus (I believe it may have been a false detection) in the following ‘exe’ file –

‘vcredist_msvc2013_x86.exe’ from the following path- ‘C:Users/MyName/AppData/Local/Temp/{D10ED0A0-D2FD-427E-895A-4CB8A33E484B}/{366BE803-9442-489D-8D96-D8271A1C87DD}’

and sent it to the Virus Vault. Can anyone please confirm for me that this is part of the Track IR installation and not something else on my PC? I have attached a screenshot of the folder it was in below, which shows other files that seem to be for the Track IR drivers etc, but I unsure of some of the others.

I messed up the installation anyway by not running the update file as an administrator so Track IR doesn’t work anyway so can anyone please tell me if I can just uninstall Track IR and the Natural Point USB Drivers in the ‘Programs and Features’ section and then reinstall them? Would this cause problems given this ‘vcredist_msvc2013_x86.exe’ file is in the Virus Vault, and would this work?

Thanks for any help,

OZTRIPWIRE

Jan 15 2017 screenshot of folder contents for ED post.doc

Hi,

I have several questions about my Natural Point Track IR software. When updating the software from the official Track IR site my AntiVirus detected a potential virus (I believe it may have been a false detection) in the following ‘exe’ file – ‘vcredist_msvc2013_x86.exe’ from the following path- ‘C:Users/MyName/AppData/Local/Temp/{D10ED0A0-D2FD-427E-895A-4CB8A33E484B}/{366BE803-9442-489D-8D96-D8271A1C87DD}’

and sent it to the Virus Vault. Can anyone please confirm for me that this is part of the Track IR installation and not something else on my PC?

Can't verify that TrackIR has this as part of its install, but it most likely that it is required for TrackIR to function correctly, it can be downloaded and installed separately from the microsoft site.

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784&fa43d42b-25b5-4a42-fe9b-1634f450f5ee=True

I messed up the installation anyway by not running the update file as an administrator so Track IR doesn’t work anyway so can anyone please tell me if I can just uninstall Track IR and the Natural Point USB Drivers in the ‘Programs and Features’ section and then reinstall them?

Yes, you will need to do that, but do it as instructed below.

1. Download the "Vcredist_msvc2013_x86.exe" from the microsoft site and install it, with run as administrator (Right click on file to bring up the menu).
  2. Unplug your TrackIR camera from the USB port.
  3. Uninstall TrackIR and its USB drivers
  4. Reboot computer
  5. Re-install TrackIR software and make sure your run as administrator (Once again right click on file to bring up the menu).
  6. Plug in the TrackIR camera to the USB port only when asked to do so during the software install.
  7. Reboot computer
  8. Test that TrackIR is working with its own software and or in device manager to see that it is installed correctly.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.