T-Runner MKIV Pedals unresponsive

Onedef1

Hi guys. I've been all over the forum for this issue, and while I am relatively new to DCS, I've made every attempt to search and study to try to resolve this.

My MKIV pedals are visible in the Controls setting, they work when tested in calibration on both windows and the Manufacturers utility. However I'm not getting any feedback in game. They're simply unresponsive. The black box has the proper lights and like I said, the game can see them but I can't get them to work. Everything I've found online indicates they were plug and play. I'm too much of a noob to have any further ideas. I would appreciate some assistance or critiques. They aren't working with the A10C either

I suspect it has to do with the control profile, and I've really tried but so far I'm struggling with the complexity of it all in spite of your guys' best attempts to assist with the Rookie topics and all of the manuals and instructions I've been reading the last 3 days. I'm very frustrated.

3 monitors

Win10Pro

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick and Throttle

TRackIR5

KA-50 2

Edited by Onedef1

There is no need to open a second discussion about this especially if some members have already answered.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=41220&page=122

Also a better description what you have already done or tried and where you did that would be very helpfull.

Edit: Plug and play means that they will work good with the Software you intend to use them with. But this will not mean that the ingame setup is correct.

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Onedef1, the rudder pedals should not be assigned a button but rather an axis.

Look here, note the highlighted section.

Thanks for that, I had suspected as much, and after finally figuring out what Axis it was, (its Joy_rX) I went and added it in that field, but to no avail.. Axis tune can see the functionality of the Axis ( its working when pedals are manipulated) but upon adjustment and returning to the game, has no effect. ( pressed Ok, not interested in Saving Profile just yet) I WAS able to shut down the Left Throttle Axis for the Rudder assignment, though.. thats a dead axis right now(which is fine until I pinpoint the Pedal issue. It was difficult to manipulate in game... Id prefer pedals ( as an aside, is there a way to reverse the way that throttle works? Id rather push forward to go right, and pull to go left, and right now it reacts the opposite, which is counter-intuitive to me)

also, if you press "RCTRL + ENTER" you get an indicator in the lower left corner showing you what your axis are actualy doing

thanks. Is this in game? I did see that control and have been trying it but am not seeing anything pop up, either in-game or otherwise.

There is no need to open a second discussion about this especially if some members have already answered.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=41220&page=122

Also a better description what you have already done or tried and where you did that would be very helpfull.

Edit: Plug and play means that they will work good with the Software you intend to use them with. But this will not mean that the ingame setup is correct.

I thought I might get scolded for that. I started this one to keep the advice I receive in one place. Also, after 8-9 hours (while messing w this the whole time) I thought I may have posted in a slow thread and was antsy.. My apologies. Im actually very well versed in forum behavior. Sorry.

Anyway,

Ive checked out several Control profiles, and followed instructions and installed (have since reverted) They didnt come with MKIV assignments but I only intended to use them as a starting point. Im actually pretty sure my in Game setup is where the issue is. Im just new to the whole thing and struggling with it.

-Been through the DCS Manual, and anything recommended for new users ( that I can find so far, the Sticky, and wherever that leads. I know the answer is more than likely in here somewhere.. I had hoped to find it before posting. My ignorance isnt bliss

-got most up to date drivers for all devices.

-checked topics on all device websites as well.

-tried uninstalling and uninstalling DCS and deleted the relevant files when I did that.

-have been running Instant Action on Middle screen and using tutorials and whatever else I think might be relevant that ive found so far on another screen and trying to teach myself to set up the controls, try this, try that. I know I have a lot to learn, been learning what I can.

if you are in the Cockpit of the ka50 (or any plane) pressing "Right Ctrl + ENTER" bringt up the Controllsindicator. its a red box in the lover left corner with indicator for all your axis.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Just a thought - come on over to the VKB forums and have the VKB engineers help you.

You might have to provide a few screenshots of your VKBdevCfg software, etc.

Also - if you ever calibrated in Windows - be sure to reset it again. Only calibrate using the VKBdevCfg software!

Here's the VKB Support Forum:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

if you are in the Cockpit of the ka50 (or any plane) pressing "Right Ctrl + ENTER" bringt up the Controllsindicator. its a red box in the lover left corner with indicator for all your axis.

excellent.. didnt think to try the cockpit.. EDIT: Thats cool! my pedals arent doing anything but the keyboard Z, X are being manipulated..

Just a thought - come on over to the VKB forums and have the VKB engineers help you.

You might have to provide a few screenshots of your VKBdevCfg software, etc.

Also - if you ever calibrated in Windows - be sure to reset it again. Only calibrate using the VKBdevCfg software!

Here's the VKB Support Forum:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

Thanks.

excellent. thats good to know.. I have browsed through those but thought since i expected the issue to be the in game settings, I should try here. Ill check that out again.

I GOT IT.... dang... why was this so difficult...

I shut down the game, went to Config and deleted the entirety of what was in there, and restarted the game, then went to Controls and changed the Flight Control Rudder to the correct button...

and there it is... seems to be working just fine now.

Im assuming I had some sort of conflict within the Control settings, or maybe a clean startup with everything plugged in was what I needed.. in any case, whatever I messed up, I must have just voided and recovered.. geez... 14 hours later...

Yeah. Usually something stupid. Just like with motorcycles. Smh...

Anyhow I'll get to learning about manipulating the control profiles so I know what I'm doing; plus, I want to move the 3rd person displays (radar, weapons cycle, scope) into the center screen whine I'm running in all 3 monitors, so back to the digging through this place I go..

Thanks for all suggestions

Edited by Onedef1