Rear Canopy and Restarts

JG14_Smil

Thanks Morpheus,

I've seen other L-39s flying with a missing rear canopy, so I know this happens to others. At first I thought I was doing something to cause it, but I've been careful not to interrupt the auto start, stop, start routines and it still happens. Last times I have seen it was NTTR map. Unsure of 1.5 version.

I apologize for not stating facts earlier.

Yes, this is a bug.

All testing done on the Aerobatics Online servers. Same conditions, same results, 1.5 and 2.0. L-39C, no human rear seat passenger, auto start, auto stop, auto start. Takeoff roll and rear canopy falls off.

Edited by JG14_Smil

From 'macro_sequences.lua:

start sequence lines:

push_start_command(1.0, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_7, value = 0.0, message = _("Front Canopy - OPEN")})

push_start_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_1, value = 1.0})

push_start_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_8, value = 0.0, message = _("Second Canopy - CLOSE & LOCK")})

push_start_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_2, value = -1.0})

push_start_command(1.0, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_8, value = 1.0})

stop sequence lines:

push_stop_command(1.0, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_7, value = 0.0, message = _("Front Canopy - OPEN")})

push_stop_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_1, value = 1.0})

--push_stop_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_8, value = 0.0, message = _("Second Canopy - OPEN")})

--push_stop_command(0.2, {device = devices.MECHANICS, action = device_commands.Button_2, value = 1.0})

Edited by JG14_Smil

Going external view and zooming in was a good learning experience.

When we enter the L-39, the rear canopy is closed and sealed. When we hit the auto start sequence, the rear canopy un-seals, then re-seals. You can see this happen when zoomed in close.

We do auto stop and both canopies open up.

We do auto start. Sequence now runs with the rear canopy open. Rear canopy closes, but does not seal (you can see this as lines around canopy look different than when sealed.

There are no key bindings for the rear canopy, so there is no way to manually seal the rear canopy.

repeatable every time.

Like I said earlier, I am probably the only one that runs into this problem.

As a work-around to any others that might want to stop and re-start online, you can comment out lines 426 and 427 of the auto stop sequence in your...

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Cockpit\macro_sequences.lua file. This will stop it from opening the rear canopy when you shut down.

same for 1.5 but different folder.

The rear canopy stays closed, then un-seals and re-seals on restarts. Fly forever without it falling off.

Note: I edited earlier post to make the lines you will edit red.

Edited by JG14_Smil

• 3 months later...

Latest version update 1.5.6.4546.

"Rear canopy falls off" bug remains. Repeatable. (auto stop/auto start triggers this bug)

'Master Warning' and 'Canopy Unsealed' lights remain on and rear canopy will fall off during takeoff.

-------

Placing the Macro_Sequences.lua from the 2.0 build in the 1.5 folders stops this bug dead and rear canopy seals correctly. **REPORTED**

Edited by JG14_Smil