[A-10C] Route November

EasyEB

Greetings!

Here is a pretty straight forward CAS mission for the A-10C.

Your mission is to provide close air support to a small ground element for the duration of it's mission. You will be able to give the ground element simple commands like stop, continue, mark targets and/or own position. The opposition is enemy medium and heavy armor that will differe in location, behaviour, type and number every time the mission is played. You will also have a Reaper UAV on standby to locate and designate targets.

RN_00.png

SITUATION

US Army Special Operations unit Alpha 11 are conducting a search and destroy mission to locate and neutralize enemy 9A52 Smerch units suspected of carrying chemical weapons.

Sattelite recon has located three target sites where the Smerch units are parked, labeled SPEARS, GAGA and CYRUS.

Alpha 11 will advance along MSR NOVEMBER to the three sites and evaluate and destroy any weapons or weapon system that are containing or are capable of launching chemical weapons.

RN_01.png

MISSION

Your mission is to provide CAS for Alpha 11 during the operation. You are only to engage confirmed hostile or designated targets.

THREATS

Recon flights reports ground activity in the form of infantry and light armored vehicles such as BTR-80 and BMP-3 and some heavy armor in the form of T-80 tanks patrolling sporadically. No surface to air threats.

WARNING do not engage any undesignated targets in the immediate vicinity of SPEARS, GAGA or CYRUS due to the possible risk of contamination.

SUPPORT

Besides Alpha 11 a Reaper UAV callsign Pontiac is on station to provide further target recon and designation.

TAKEOFF

Takeoff from Nellis AFB and move to point CESAR to start the mission.

Access and command Alpha and Pointiac via F10 menu.

CREDITS

SCRIPTS

MIST by Speed and Grimes

AGFT by Gromit190 and friends.

This mission also uses the nav points from the 476th vFG mission template.

Thanks to all of you for providing these great resources for me to play with.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2323825/index.php

Tried to run this mission but nothing happened - punched in CESAR into the waypoint, flew there and nothing ran. What do I have to do to start things off and where do I go? Wonder if it might be worth putting in a flight plan to help us along.

Cheers.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Tried to run this mission but nothing happened - punched in CESAR into the waypoint, flew there and nothing ran. What do I have to do to start things off and where do I go? Wonder if it might be worth putting in a flight plan to help us along.

Cheers.

That's weird, things are supposed to kick off when you hit CESAR. I've got an update coming up, Though it started in testing, I'll look it over! Thanks for the input.

Ok, I just had a look at the mission in the editor and I see now where CESAR is supposed to be. However, I was heading in a totally different direction to that. I probably messed up the waypoint input which is why I never activated that trigger. I'll put this down to pilot error. I'll give it another spin as it looks like an interesting mission. Thanks.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Oh, I see. Thanks for getting back to me!

This mission is not made to be easy or hold your hand in any way, but do you think your input error is easily, albeit accidentally, replicable by a majority of players? Where did you end up/expect CESAR to be?

Cheers!

I think I know what I did - I set up the waypoint but instead of setting SPI to STPT, I'd set it to TDC which was off SW of Vegas (just a bit rusty with the hog so no issue there).

Here are my thoughts about the mission -

- No flight plan is set up so it's a bit disorienting but I guess we could just punch in our own.

- Ground units don't seem to call in for CAS, they just march right into the objective and engage. Once it's cleared they then just carry on. I was expecting the units to hold and call in for support before converging on the target areas. I was left loitering off station waiting for the call.

- Target designation just keeps rotating constantly between targets. JTAC would laser up a target and then 2 seconds later another target would be marked. This means I couldn't get a reliable fix on anything as it was constantly changing (or is it the same target but just moving? not sure).

I made no flight plans to give the pilots options as to how they want to depart, if they want to refuel on the ground before taking of or at any of the tankers.

I know it can get a bit hectic, but that is kind of intentional. The alternative is making the mission super-linear where both the JTAC and the targets have to stop and wait for the pilots to come in and take them out. It's pretty much all based on scrips, so there is no telling where the targets will come from, and when. Sometimes they are visible to the JTAC for a brief moment, and then ducks behind a hill, dissapearing.

You can halt the ground units via the F-10 menu, so if you want them to wait - they will. The enemy won't though, and every minute the ground forces are holding is one minute for the enemy forces to catch up.

I made no flight plans to give the pilots options as to how they want to depart, if they want to refuel on the ground before taking of or at any of the tankers.

You can halt the ground units via the F-10 menu, so if you want them to wait - they will. The enemy won't though, and every minute the ground forces are holding is one minute for the enemy forces to catch up.

Ok, got it. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Strangest thing, treid to play this today but it won't show up as SP nor MP mission. Just isn't listed. Tried rezipping it, didn't help. Somehow incompatible I guess.

It's for Nevada, are you on 2.0?

• 2 weeks later...