ABRIS wont switch back to Original Flt Plan?

Fakum

Something I cannot figure out with the ABRIS. I manage to get from waypoint to waypoint and deal with targets. I was at waypoint 3 when I realized I should stop and get somewhere to get fuel. So I went through the ABRIS search and found the closest airfield and select “To” and flew there via route mode. When I was finished Rearming and Refueling, I clicked on the ABRIS “NAV” LSK expecting to find my way to get back to the mission Flight Plan so I could Route mode back to waypoint 3, it seemed no matter what I did, I could not bring up the original Flight Plan or moving map so I could even see them? All I could find was the apparent flight plan I made when I decided to select “To” when I selected the Airfield I wanted to go to, so I had a Start Point and the Airfield only in the flight plan. I know in Producers note 2 that Wags went into Search on the ABRIS and selected an NOB, then to get back to the original Flight Plan, he simply clicked on “Nav”? What is the procedure, I obviously am screwing something up.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You have 2 cases.

In the first you want to roll back to the flight plan that came from the mission (mission editor). In this case you can do all the modification you want to the original flp, but with the REVISE function you can always reload the original fpl.

In the second, you want to reload a fpl that you just modified/created in cockpit. In this case you are forced to save in the ABRIS memory (naming it) the old one, to be available for loading later.

Edited by flanker0ne

I'm confused, I did not revise the original flight plan that I am aware of by simply searching for an airfield and selecting "To",, or did I ?

I know I was not forced to save anything or name it when I searched and selected an Airfield.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

If you create a direct-to plan to go off to an impromptu destination like you did you are essentially creating a brand new flight plan which replaces the existing one. There is a way to reload the original fight plan but I'd have to double check the procedure.

EDIT: Go to the MENU page (5th button), select PLAN (3rd button), and ACTIV (4th button). Bam, your original flight plan is activated again.

Edited by Frederf

Well, after a very lengthy read of the manual, it clearly states that once you select "To" it unloads the current flight plan. What I have not been able to figure out is how to get the original back. I THINK, you must save it to nonvolatile memory as stated in the manual (Its hard drive). I will tell you this, I may not figure this out any time soon,,, the ABRIS is VERY extensive, but in my opinion, not intuitive! I read thru so much stuff my head spun off. If anyone know what the heck I'm talking about and can point me to a comprehensible solution, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I think I will go back a 100 pages and review the save feature, that may be the procedure,,, sure is a lot to go thru on the ABRIS,,,

Good news update: you can save the current flightplan into ABRIS memory and call it back up later when you want it back. I was able to save it 1st, I just named it "A". went into options and found a random airfield, selected "To" made it active. Went about halfway there and went back through the menus and selected "LOAD", "A" was the only flightplan available (which is what I saved), selected it and made it active, and there it was,, all back to original.

Even though the manual states that selecting "TO" unloads the current flight plan, if you save it initially, you can go back to it. Very nice indeed!

have you checked if the saved Flightplan is also available in other missions? because i remember that i had FPlans from other mission in the list at one time and it was confusing finding the right one

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

No, I have only been experimenting with this in Multiplayer. I suppose I can go in and do yet another save as "B", then see if I get the option to load the one i saved last night "A", and "B", and I will report back tonight if I get on.

I just saved another one as "B" and when I went to load it again, "B" is the only one that came up to select, so it is not saving all the other flight plans I saved from previous multiplayer sessions as I expected

pg 234 from the BS2 manual

Return to the Initially Activated Route

If the route is altered during a sortie (the mission editor-created route is corrected or replaced with a new one), and it becomes necessary to return to the mission editor route, you can use the following procedure:

• Select the PLAN sub-mode page and press the SELECT FSK button
  • From the pop-up menu, select the REVISE option and press the SELECT button again
  • Press the ACTIV FSK button

Considering that the ABRIS is natively in russian, to translate with REVISE the original command maybe was not the best choice.

Edited by flanker0ne

Revise huh? well all I know is that I have been using the SAVE and LOAD options only.

What do you do to find the closest airfield in the ABRIS?

Yeah, I can see that,,, must remember though to change ABRIS Lat/Long to decimal format 1st though.

in addition:

after you SEARCHed for something like an AIRPORT and pressed INFO. Every press of INFO brings you to the next AIRPORT

Same for Waypoints (which includes FIXpoints, REFpoints etc)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Good stuff,,,, thanks