Windows 10 New Game Mode

Chief Instructor

I wonder if this will help us scrape a little more performance out of DCS?

gamemode-1.jpg

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10s-game-mode-shows-latest-insider-preview-release/

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

On first look it feels like a gimmick, because it may only lower the priority of other apps and prevent them IF they pop up, it may prevent giving antivirus scheduled scan the power to disrupt the game, it's for the general public who don't have a finely tuned machine.

But for advanced users like me who have most automation disabled, I run scans and defragmentation manually, I already run clean, I don't have any special things running in the background that I don't know about at any time, it may lower the footprint of the whole OS overall, it may involve disabling some stuff, for a 2-4 percent improvement, but that's the kind of automation I actually do not want, the things that I have running in background are miniscule and I want them to run.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I would not hope for too much. It seems like marketing speech to me.

Comparable to the term "quality fps" they introduced for xbox one which means absolutely nothing :)

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

Im say no more as 1-3 fps ...........

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

IMO, another bloatware - as most of the apps on W10, especially those installed by default. The worst is that there is no decision point whether user wants them installed. Neither there is no easy way to uninstall it (must use PowerShell).

This one looks like a way for the PC users to use the xbox stuff (like game bar) that personally I couldn’t care less about.

Better to tune GPU driver settings and use some other software for recording (including NVIDIA one).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

WinX Game Mode Simply Gives DirectX and Display Driver Processes a Higher CPU Priority.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs