Gradoc Profile won't enable gauges in DCS-KA50

I used the excellent work done by Gradoc to make use of my touch srceen laptop.

Once launched, I tested the toggles and button and they all work. But I soon noticed none of the gauges integrated with DCS -KA-50.

(Gradoc closed his forum)

Running DCS ver 1.5.5 at the moment and it's unclear to me what went wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you remembered to modify the export.lua file to tell DCS to talk to Helios?

C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

Also remember to need to set up exports for all your screens.

Personally I've found the best KA50 profile to be this one by Capt Zeen,

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/ka50_v10.asp

It also comes with all files and full install instructions. Good luck, it's really does change the sim

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I updated to Capt Zeen new Export.lua and everything launched normally.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My second issue I switched over from Gradoc to Capt Zeen KA50 but it launches several RED x. I know the answer is in these forums but the threads now are the hundreds.

I updated to Capt Zeen new Export.lua and everything launched normally.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My second issue I switched over from Gradoc to Capt Zeen KA50 but it launches several RED x. I know the answer is in these forums but the threads now are the hundreds.

The red X is because Helios cant´t find the texture for that instrument. check if all the images are in the correct place: documents/Helios/images/Capt_Zeen

Issue launching Capt Zeen ver 1.0 resolved.

My attempts to launch ver 1.0b also resolved after reset monitors in Helios.

Great addition to DCS. It was my hope to maximize my upgrade to the Y70 touch screen laptop and I coupled it with a 52" Sony. Thank you all.

He's Gadroc, not Gradoc. :) Just sayin', for search engine sake. :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Under DCS 1.5.5, Capt Zeen 1.0B does not display info from UV26; PVI800 or EKRAN listed in monitor.lua.

Reviewed the Lua file several times and it's not missing any semi-colons.

Any help would be appreciated.

The info on the UV26m PVI800 and EKRAN, is not controled by Helios or the profile.

To have this information on the secondary screen, you need to copy the provided .lua files in his correct position, adjust the monitor configuration file, with the correct values and then adjust your total monitor resolution in the control panel in DCS.

You got instructions of how to do this in the profile package readme and in the web site..

but, check this 3 steps:

1- verify installation of the .lua file provided on the package, (on folder monitor configuration)

2- edit and adjust the coordenates and size of the external viewports in the configuration file

3-DCS control panel, adjust your global resolution and select the apropiate config file.