Question about buying/gifting

SoW Reddog

I'm looking at buying a number of sabre licenses for some friends as I've had a bit of a windfall and want to treat them..

1) if I already own a module, how do I buy gift versions as the shop knows I've bought that product.

2) is there a "bulk buy" option?

3) What is the most cost effective way of buying licenses? (Presumably I can gain and use bonus $ if I do it in a certain order?)

Thanks.

• ED Team

Hi

If you have purchased already you can still click the yellow "bought" button this will add the aircraft to your cart.

You can then change the quantity

Bonus rules are here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

Once purchased and you have your keys you can open a support ticket to gift the keys.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

it is probably best to open one support ticket for each key you wish to gift

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

yes

If there is one order consisting of several products participating in the bonus program, the percentage of the bonus for each product is increased by 5% to 60% of the maximum, ie:

2 DCS products: 25%

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK. So it seems that the info you gave is incorrect. Purchasing quantity two of the same module not only does not increase the bonus to 25%, but means that I only received 10% bonus and essentially has cost me $10 to buy the modules I wanted.

This means the most economical way of buying multiple quantities of the module is one at a time, one after the other...:huh:

• ED Team

Well it is news to me, I will check. Give me some time

edit:

Ok

I think I have miss understood the question, and the system so apologies.

My understanding was buying multiple modules stacked the bonus but apparently not for the same modules

If there is one order consisting of several products participating in the bonus program, the percentage of the bonus for each product is increased by 5% to 60% of the maximum, ie:

2 DCS products: 25%

and missed that you wanted to use that bonus on a third.

which would then apply to the debiting rules

2. Bonuses Debiting from User Account

Bonuses are used for partial payment for products at the rate of 1 bonus = 1 ruble, 1 euro, or 1 dollar.

A product can be paid by use of bonuses no more than 30% (thirty percent) of the full product price. We retain the right to change this percentage at any time and at our discretion.

If you want to check for sure please open a support ticket and ED can check it

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/?add=Y

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. I have a question about the gifting system too but didnt want to start up a new thread for a maybe very banal question. And it fits to the thread name so I hope its ok.

Every year my family is racking the brain about a present for my birthday. This time I thought the normany map bundle would be a nice hint for them. What needs to be considered if someone wants to transmit a entire bundle to someone as a gift? Has the bundle two keys which need to be transmitted seperatly or is it a single key which needs just a single transmission?

And I already know that the gifting system works via the support team.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Yeah with the bundle you get two seperate keys. So both would have to be gifted.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yeah with the bundle you get two seperate keys. So both would have to be gifted.

Which means both keys have the same order-ID and the guy, who wants to give away both, has to contact the support twice?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• 1 month later...

I wish they come up with a better way to give a module or a map as gift. On Steam or other sim it is done buy a click into "buy as a gift" button and it's done, the DCS way is complex and it lead me to unbind my keys and I had to reinstall my module.

Perhaps I am a little slow with that but there is room for improvement. It have prevent me to purchase for other on many occasion.

• 2 years later...

Just ran into this problem as well. If ED want (and why wouldn't they?!) us existing users to bring new people to the fold, to spread the word so to say, they'd make it easier to gift stuff, wouldn't they? Boggles the mind. Probably something to do with security <scoffs>

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• ED Team

Hi

I have asked the team about implementing a way to gift to a new user who does not have an ED account yet.

thanks