I bought it!!!

HI!!!

I bought a lappy that runs lock on great!:joystick: !!! it has a video card that is equivalent or better than desktop 6600gt!!

well, the problem is that the game runs at 24 fps average at 1024 x 768, highest graphics settings, (no AA and no AF) and medium water quality.... i would like to increase fps, what other graphics option could i decrease to get more fps, that wont affect much the graphics?

Well, you could switch mirrors off in the options, you dont need them 99% of the time. Remember that during the game if you need them you can always press N or M and they will appear for as long as you hold the N or M.

Heat Blur - looks nice when you make movies, but do you really need it?

Reflections - again a matter of personal taste, I manage without.

Civ traffic - do you need this? It is a lot of trucks, trains etc running when you add up the whole map, but so sparce where you are that you see scarcely any.

Shadows - I manage fine with this set to one less than maximum.

I run low water with a mod I found somewhere (sorry I cant recall where) that makes it look a little better. As i rarely fly over the sea low enough for it to make a difference, I dont miss the better looking water.

My advice is to try some AA and AF and see if it actually affects your FPS at all. Lockon is CPU limited once you have a half decent Graphics card.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

thanks.:thumbup:

are there any programs to make lock on run with higher fps??

can u post any images with water set to low and shadows low as well?? thanks u all:thumbup:

Nothing will make LO run with higher FPS than releasing your CPU bottleneck.

Why don't download the lockon cfg util that's at lockonfile.com (you need to create an account ) and see for yourself.

The Vid card just enhances the visuals, but does very little for performance..

(well, as one would expect with any other game).

since you didn't post your laptop specs...

Turn off Advanced haze (or turn it off all together)

Turn off cockpit mirrors

and you probably (depending on the spec) can get away with 2xAA and 8xAF

at a smooth 25-35fps at 1280x1024

There are also mods to install to help with this situation also.

..you wan't a low res screen shot?

close your eyes and walk towards your room closet.

Reach out with your hand... and Open it..

Enter it.

Close the door..

Open your eyes and look around.

How that for low res? (jeez how lazy can you get?)

Water set to low in lockon is better than Falcon4 with any kind of water setting.... and take it from there.

Thanks,

Brett

are there any programs to make lock on run with higher fps??

Each persons PC is different.

Each person prefers different aircraft, type of mission (air to air, air to ground). Higher FPS at 15,000 metres compared to 15 metres.

Each person is happy with different eye-candy.

There are some tweaks for better FPS but they just set a bunch of options lower, so maybe better is to take a couple of hours and experiment yourself. You can use other persons settings as a starting point, but what I am happy to fly with, you may hate. Make notes of what you change and what effect it has on your FPS. Use a standard mission (maybe one of the ones from the startup menu?) to see how it looks after each change.

can u post any images with water set to low and shadows low as well??
I actually set shadows to one less than maximum, not the lowest.

As for images - Sorry, my Gaming PC has died :( Starting to suffer from Lockon withdrawal symptoms.....:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

please help me!!! ive gotta 1 month to return my lappy if im not happy with it!!!

well, so do you think that a x1400 256 with a Core duo 2, 2,16GHZ, 2048Mb RAM will run lock on at highers fps than a x1600 256 with a core duo, 1,8Ghz 1024Mb RAM

thanks

please calm down. First play lock on with your new laptop and see how do you like it. If you want more then that's your decision. Personally i say yes you are going to get a little more fps with core 2 duo, and 2 gigs of ram instead of the reg core duo and 1 gig of ram. I'm not sure how the graphics card would stack up against a new one but this is where you have to do some research. Most of us do a lot of research before buying something. And if you have 1 month to return it then you can at least wait a day for an answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry for being nervous:fear: i just wanted to make sure there wasnt any laptop configuration that would run lockon better and that would be cheapler.

X1400 gives 2500 in 3dmark05

X1600 gives 3500 in 3dmark05

the x1600 laptop has a core duo 2 (new one:) ) 2,13 ghz, and 2048 Mb of RAM. However, the laptop ive got, has a x1600, a core duo 1,83 and 1024 Mb RAM

Which one better for lock on:helpsmilie: , knowing the graphics cards power?

there is just a 35 euro difference:lol:

but if the x1400 laptop runs better than the x1600 laptop, an it is even 35 euro cheaper, ill goo for it!! but before i need to make sure that little difference between 1.83 and 2.13ghz will mean much, as well as the 2 giga difference