Five Days Of Viggen - Video Series Counting Down The Release Of The AJS-37

Werewolf1025

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of creating a five part series of videos starting 5 days prior to the release of Leatherneck's AJS-37 Viggen. Each video will cover different aspects of the real Viggen and go over what makes it such a unique aircraft. Each episode will be documentary style with historic images and videos going over the subject of the episodes. I hope you tune in on January 22nd and watch the first episode.

Here's a trailer

let the countdown begin!

----------------------------------------------

Day 5 - History of the AJS-37 (5 Days Until Release)

Day 4 - Engine and Airframe

Day 3 - Advanced Avionics

Day 2 - Weapons and Capability

Day 1 - Legacy

Edited by Werewolf1025
fixed yt link
  • Like 5

By the way -- if you're going for that synthwave/retrowave feel with your music and aesthetic, it would be double the Swedish to go for a Swedish artist. For example Mitch Murder or Mille.

Since there are so many Tomcat lovers out there hesitating to give this bird a try, perhaps the Paul Rein song "Ge mig en chans" is a more proper choice of music? :music_whistling:

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm getting a little nervous here with all you Swedes here. I hope I don't let you guys down. As far as using a Swedish artist, feel free to recommend a track for the series. I don't know much swedish musicians so if you got something in mind feel free to throw em at me and I'll see if it fits.

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm getting a little nervous here with all you Swedes here. I hope I don't let you guys down. As far as using a Swedish artist, feel free to recommend a track for the series. I don't know much swedish musicians so if you got something in mind feel free to throw em at me and I'll see if it fits.

I'm keeping a few up my sleeve in case I do a similarly themed production, but Mitch Murder's

is up there with the very very best of synthwave and eminently suitable for aviation footage. Mille's songs don't have quite as old a synthwave sound (featuring more what I think is dynamic range compression, more use of club-house volume shifts, and cleaner 8bitty sounds that've come into fashion), but I might recommend
or
. In fact I don't even know if Mille is active anymore.

You really went from the beginning Werewolf1025. :)

Great Day5 video, keep them coming.

(for viewers, there was a plane between J29 Tunnan and J35 Draken, the hammer named J32 Lansen - did I say DCS:J-32 Lansen? naaa I didn't)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You really went from the beginning Werewolf1025. :)

Great Day5 video, keep them coming.

(for viewers, there was a plane between J29 Tunnan and J35 Draken, the hammer named J32 Lansen - did I say DCS:J-32 Lansen? naaa I didn't)

I felt I really needed to go back to the origins to see the impact the Viggen made. I skipped around the history so don't expect a full timeline, I put enough to get the job done. Don't worry the rest of them will have enough Viggen to go around 8) Glad you enjoyed it!

I felt I really needed to go back to the origins to see the impact the Viggen made. I skipped around the history so don't expect a full timeline, I put enough to get the job done. Don't worry the rest of them will have enough Viggen to go around 8) Glad you enjoyed it!

Though the A 32 lansen might have been worth mentioning since that was the predecessor to the Attack Viggen.

(as the Draken was never seriously considered for the Attack role but was a Fighter/interceptor with the A32 doing the strike mission untill the AJ 37 entered service).

Good video and im looking forward to the Next one Tomorrow =).

Edited by mattebubben

Keep em coming :D great video and nice summary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Great job Werewolf. Although nothing of this was news to an old Viggen ground crew guy like myself, it always brings goosebumps watching this kind of stuff. Also very nice to see a foreign interpretation of the mighiest Saab ever built.

Looking forward to the rest of the series. :thumbup:

The sound levels are the only complaint I can offer. I was going to do a quick break down of the different stripe of Viggen, but your production qualities just dump all over mine! I'm still a neophyte, really.

These are great. You should consider doing this for other aircraft in DCS. After all, a quick run down like this can help newbies and those unfamiliar with an airframe understand the context of its creation and service. That context is what matters for everything from tactics while flying to mission making.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!