FOV Problems

shaunwallis21

Hello is it possible to make the FOV customisable without it Making the files invalidate for multiplayer.

the only way i can change FOV is in the mods/aircraft/spit/ views.lua file

can we either get a way to change FOV limits/default FOV without invalidating files

it is a Important elementary feature.

the default FOV is too zoomed in for 1080p 16:9 the standard screen size it would be great iff this could be solved soon. many people complain about it.

What Nirvi means is You can make a copy of that Server.lua file You found in the game folder, place it in the SavedGames\Config\View location (so that it never gets overwritten during game updates) and create a Spitfire entry in it, with Your own, custom view settings.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No need to be overwhelmed. I just tested the solution suggested by Nirvi by creating a server.lua copy, placing it in Saved Games\....\Config\View\ folder (so that the game sees it as a custom, modded file, not to be overwritten by updates), taking a look inside to see how the view code looks (even though I have no idea about it) and adding a similar-looking section from Spitfire's views.lua file You pointed to. The only change I did was adding a Spitfire entry in the first line, 'cause it seem to be needed (again, by looking at similar parts of the code for other airplanes). See the attachment.

When I fire up the game the default Spitfire's view is changed, so the custom file works. Now, I don't do multiplayer, so I don't know if it's going to pass Integrity Check (I think it will, judging from Nirvi's response), and I don't know what numbers to edit to change the FoV ('cause I like the default one anyway). You'll have to experiment Yourself. The bottom line, however is, do not hesitate to create copies of various .lua files and to place and edit them in Saved Games location. If You mess anything up, You can always delete the file from there and the game will use the default one from its own folder once again.

Server.lua

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.