Mig 29 nozzles position at idle

Hi guys, maybe Im wrong, but dont you think that the nozzles in the mig-29 should be wide open when at idle?? even when the engines are off they are quite closed :huh:...I have seen tons of videos of the mig-29 and when taxing and idling Im pretty sure they should look totally opened, same as when in after burner...is this a bug or am I mistaken??

mig-29-992019b.jpg

As you can see nozzles have a lot more movement than in DCS and at low throttle positions they are wide open...

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I think there a several things they are still working on; like intake door being close with engine off or AI using the speed brake with landing gear down, etc.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hi guys, maybe Im wrong, but dont you think that the nozzles in the mig-29 should be wide open when at idle??

No you are not wrong - they should :) .

I have seen tons of videos of the mig-29 and when taxing and idling Im pretty sure they should look totally opened, same as when in after burner..

Not quite - the nozzles are wide open for minimal resistance when the engines are running at idle or low throttle setting, as power is increased the nozzles retract gradually until full military thrust. When engaging AFB they extend somewhat, but not fully(like in idle).

...is this a bug or am I mistaken??

You are not mistaken, but its not really a "bug" - it has always been depicted like that in the sim(the issue has been raised many times in the past), so its more of an incorrect representation by design that just hasn't been corrected yet :)

BTW the visual representation of the nozzles isn't quite correct either - they are almost cone shaped when retracted, while the real ones have a sort of "cut ogival" shape.

Edited by Seaeagle

It is not a bug, they are working on it. It was fixed on previous 3D model, the old one, but with update it came back, so they are going to implement it

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

No you are not wrong - they should :) .

Not quite - the nozzles are wide open for minimal resistance when the engines are running at idle or low throttle setting, as power is increased the nozzles retract gradually until full military thrust. When engaging AFB they extend somewhat, but not fully(like in idle).

You are not mistaken, but its not really a "bug" - it has always been depicted like that in the sim(the issue has been raised many times in the past), so its more of an incorrect representation by design that just hasn't been corrected yet :)

BTW the visual representation of the nozzles isn't quite correct either - they are almost cone shaped when retracted, while the real ones have a sort of "cut ogival" shape.

Thanks for the clarification, well explained!:thumbup:

It is not a bug, they are working on it. It was fixed on previous 3D model, the old one, but with update it came back, so they are going to implement it

Glad to read that but, pretty sad they messed things again with a brand new 3D mode,l right??...hope all this is just because we are going to get the AFM very soon but its been AGES since las news about 29 and 33 AFM :cry:

Take a look at my MODS here

Glad to read that but, pretty sad they messed things again with a brand new 3D mode,l right??...hope all this is just because we are going to get the AFM very soon but its been AGES since las news about 29 and 33 AFM :cry:

Oh God yes, PFM for 33 and 29 is a must have, hope we'll see them in near future.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD