FlightControl

How is the reputation calculated that is on your user? I received some reputation mails? And the reputation is growing, but slowly. More slowly than how I receive reputations etc. Any idea?

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Look at this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172950

All the answers should be in the first few pages. :)

Long story short: It all depends on the rep power of the one who gives the rep. If I +rep you, you get 4(!) more points. If you +rep someone, this person gets 11 more points. If Wags reps someone, he gets like ~5000 points. Unless it's negative rep - then you're pretty much f'ed! ;)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

If I +rep you, you get 4(!) more points. If you +rep someone, this person gets 11 more points. If Wags reps someone, he gets like ~5000 points. Unless it's negative rep - then you're pretty much f'ed! ;)

This is not exactly true. The "Reputation Power" does not translate directly to those reputation points. It is some sort of factor < 1.0

(Lol, otherwise I would run around in deep red now - after Wags blessed me with his attention once, back in 2016. ;-)

Oh, thanks for correcting me about it being a factor. That system with all its rules and exceptions could use its own 400pg DCS manual. :book:

(and I might have exaggerated a little bit up there. His current rep is actually 211, so a one time 'attention' shouldn't hurt you too much - apart from the soul crushing experience itself of course ;) )

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

LOL....I have no clue whatsoever how any of it works. I do know that I was ousted from these forums permanently a couple of years ago. When I was Banned, I had a negative 8 rep. Yes....negative 8. That negative 8 came with me when I was graciously taken back. Over the past 18 months or so, it's gone from that to what I have now. Not sure who did it or why, but I'm glad I made my peace with the forums and myself. Feels much better and I enjoy being part of this community.

I know it all has to do with people giving you "reps" (as was stated in this thread already). Unfortunately, I don't know how it is done or I would have given them myself at one time or another. And I would also thank those who gave them to me to help me get from a negative 8 to a positive 10.

So if any of you feel like you are in the big red dog house.....Don't fret too much. You can get out of it. You just have to exercise common courtesy, common sense, and realize that it's just a forum, it's all just opinions, and we're all here doing our best. Even if some of our best doesn't look the same.

Unfortunately, I don't know how it is done or I would have given them myself at one time or another.

Click on the red button with +/- sign, choose I approve or I disapprove, and put some comment. You can't give rep on some subforums, like on this one (Chit-Chat).

mtDMbZT.jpg

rep isnt something worth fixating over

+1

I agree.. Done now about 1100 posts, contribute a lot and the system of reputation is clearly bollocks. :doh: But was just wondering, hence my question :music_whistling:

[/TABLE]

Besides, you can always check your User Control Panel aka User CP and then "Latest Reputation Received" to see the last couple of members to have +rep'd or -rep'd you, including their comments. ;)

Hence my question, the list is large (growing), but reputation didn't increase... So I was wondering and took the courage to ask ...

[/TABLE]

Hence my question, the list is large (growing), but reputation didn't increase... So I was wondering and took the courage to ask ...

+1 rep for correct use of "hence".....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

If you receive rep from new members with low reputation power, I think they don't add to your overall "score". In user control panel where the recent reputation actions on your account are listed, these will have a gray box, whereas the ones that provide an increase are green, and downvotes are red.

Maybe that's the reason with not increasing rep.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

If you receive rep from new members with low reputation power, I think they don't add to your overall "score". In user control panel where the recent reputation actions on your account are listed, these will have a gray box, whereas the ones that provide an increase are green, and downvotes are red.

Maybe that's the reason with not increasing rep.

Well.. I got recently 3 new votes with green. I was at 11, but am still at 11.

[/TABLE]

as long as we can't spend reps on modules as discounts, why should i care about it :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Well.. I got recently 3 new votes with green. I was at 11, but am still at 11.

You are confusing "reputation power" and "reputation point(s)"

-the reputation power, everyone can see it on the forums, with the little green(or red) boxes

-the reputation point(s), (AFAIK) only visible on your User CP page, in the upper right of the reputation window

attachment.php?attachmentid=155362&stc=1&d=1484753477

rep.thumb.jpg.444cb7a04ccb877ee8206c4c3fd532e7.jpg

I don't get the relationship between the reputation and the green boxes. Some people have high numbers but few boxes, and some folks have several boxes and low numbers. It's a mystery to me.

I tend to agree though that it's not worth much merit.

Thanks grunf for showing me how to give rep! I appreciate it.

I can't find the previous explanations right now, but off the top of my head:

Every member gets one point of reputation power per year of membership.

Every 500 posts award one point of reputation power.

Every 300 reputation points (i.e. the reputation received from other members) award one point of reputation power, or subtract in case of negative points.

There's also a formula for calculating the green or red squares based on either reputation power or points, but I don't remember this one.

Older members sometimes have a reputation power of 0 and show a single grey square, even though they've been active for years. Giving them +rep sometimes makes their reputation power jump from 0 to 8, 9 or 10; it seems like maybe a certain amount of reputation points is needed to trigger the correct calculation.

Calculating reputation power used to work differently until a couple of years ago, which is why some of the older members have very high values.

Calculating reputation power used to work differently until a couple of years ago, which is why some of the older members have very high values.

Ha! That is why there are members with astronomically high green boxes!

Fc

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

There's also a formula for calculating the green or red squares based on either reputation power or points, but I don't remember this one.

This changed today to a different formula.

The formula, as it stood, six months ago. It is calculated from rep points.

Might have slightly changed with update. This is the current formula:

1 dark green bar for every 500 points, max 5 dark green bars,

bright green bar take 1000 points

Maximum 15 bars.

EDIT: Based on the bars, the new formula makes no sense.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Community members can give you positive or negative reputation based on their reception of your posts.

The more positive rep you have, the more points you give or deduce when you pos/neg rep somebody.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!