Nose Wheel Steering Lock in MP

Weegie

I can get the nose wheel to lock in SP

However in MP on the On Line Caucasus Training Server no matter the position of the steering lock in the cockpit the nosewheel seems to refuse to lock

I am locking then taxing straight to allow the wheel to engage with the lock but when I brake to get ready for take off run the wheel just castors

Anybody else, or am I doing summit that's just incredibly dumb ass?

There is no such thing as front wheel steering or lock in the -21. Only the additional wheel brake, I suppose You mean that?

I guess the MP mission You flew had some crosswind in it - whenever that happens MiG just loves to turn a tiny bit before stopping for good. Damn annoying, cause You can't align the front wheel properly then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ahh Ok I got it wrong, I thought it was lock.

Thank you for the replies. I just read up some more, that is a strange system, so it either uses the nosewheel and main gear or just main gear to brake and the nose wheel is free castoring the whole time.

So with the nosewheel brake on, you are more stable..................but not guaranteed that the nosewheel won't turn.

Now you have explained it..............I understand, its no biggie at take off..........she just kicks a little and rudder application corrects.

I'm wondering how crosswind landings are going to be, I'm guessing challenging

Grateful for the explanations

Really, the nose wheel brake provides extra braking when needed, but a nose wheel brake would prevent the differential braking of the main wheels from allowing easy turning the aircraft.

So, once on the runway, turn on the nose wheel brake to hold the aircraft against the engine thrust. Off the runway, turn nose wheel braking off to enable aircraft steering.

The nose wheel is offset backwards from the axis around which it steers, which makes me think it shouldn't go totally cockeyed as you come to a stop.

Bug in the landing gear parameters maybe?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.