Looking up to check six

Damocles

I'm sure it's been mentioned before although a quick search pulled up nothing and as I've only recently discovered it I may as well pass it on just in case.

Checking six is a real pain, one trick that helps me is, not just trying to turn my head right or left and look over my shoulder, but to look up and to the right or left, as appropriate, with the emphasis on the up. Sure it's not perfect but it helps me see that little bit more during those tricky dogfights.

Well this is how it is... You cant rotate your head 360 degrees. The rift blocks your peripheral a little bit but it is not much easier with helmet and "g" load.

IRL checking six is done by wingmen and 1v1 dogfights are not usual if at all happens. If theg shot your wingmen or lead, you should disengage if possible.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I appreciate what your saying metzger, I'm just saying I seem to have more success, keeping tabs on my opponent if I look up and around rather than just purely left or right, given the present situation, whether it's realistic or not.

Yes, Mr Burns, mirrors would be wonderful, it's just that they're a bit of a luxury at the moment and one that I can't afford.