Regarding the F-16C module in progress

carss

Hi guys, in the roadmap it is mentioned that an F-16C module is in progress.

Nothing official has ever been announced on the forums.

If true, what is the status so far on it?

We don't know.

Can there be a new thread opened for it?

You can open, pretty much, any thread you want in Chit-Chat.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

In the roadmap, it says "in progress" which is why I asked. It's not been announced but then why would it have the in progress status for it, and this is module, not just the 3D model

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

In the roadmap, it says "in progress" which is why I asked. It's not been announced but then why would it have the in progress status for it, and this is module, not just the 3D model

You have to pay attention to the details...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

We don't know.

You can open, pretty much, any thread you want in Chit-Chat.

Correction it was announced as WIP/In development w/ Cockpit and External Model Renders in 2008./

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Original Post / News w/ WIP Shots:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=503375&highlight=F-16C#post503375

Skylark has shown renders of a new external model since then on other forums and here.

But nothing official has been stated about it's status in a few years outside of a 1 liner from Skylark that it was still in development a year or so ago.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

You have to pay attention to the details...

Could be, because they have the module in progress for a military customer, or it is done, but they can't get a contract that allows publishing for DCS, or simply somebody heard something from someone who sounded like he knows something... :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Whatever the reason is that we dont have a F16 module in DCS yet, me and many many others miss it terribly.

Of course we have so many nice toys to play around with (omg the viggen is going to be awesome ! ) , but in terms of BVR and dogfighting gameplay, mission building surplus, different task capabilities, operating countries, operational history, and last but not least it's awesome look, the F16 always will be the pinnacle of having it in my favourite sim - DCS.

• Like 1

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

i think f-16 will come easily after f-18.

because it can't be harder than f-18 and smilar technologies.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This "In progress" means only 3D external model, nothing else.

You have seen the cockpit screenshots in the update post by Wags?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Depends on the block

...the year (time period for that specific block) the country (each country may have variations of a specific block) and some times the specific aircraft. For example, IIRC, 310 AMU/756 AMXS had a specific F-16D block 42 (I can remember the tail number) with a different RWR that the rest of the squadron circa 2010 to 2011.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You have to remember that ED has 'a lot of fingers in a lot of pies' and try out stuff internally and discard and iterate like many software houses, as well as having "non consumer" projects that we don't see. Silverdragons unofficial thread records every word uttered in every language forum here, and on others, for our interest because it gives us more heads up than the official announcements do and thus we get a larger picture of what ED are up to as they are generally quite tight lipped due to multiple reasons, some of which are very reasonable :)

Thus, there is no official version of an F-16 in the pipeline and anything previously shown can be disregarded because "one does not simply" make a full fidelity F-16 without investing years of manpower. You can bet, if it became official, and ED invested the money into the development cycle, there would be a full announcement, something along the lines of...."we have an F-16 in the works and it's due for release in 21xx."

I've sat on these forums for years and I've never been hit with any surprise, those years of watching paint a picture and I judge the progress as I've seen it delivered.

Will they ever? I'd say there were a few modules in the queue before it, given the Hornet status. Would they like to? Damn right, it's a money spinner. Will Hornet compete or displace the F-16 market? Hard to say actually, Hornet is even more versatile in "gameplay experience" with it's Naval use.

PM hat on... I'd wait till after the Hornet, when things have settled and there was another Russian adversarial fighter done and all the bits and peices like Dynamic campaign, dedicated server, decent AI and ATC, then i'd go F-16C and look to buy out the BMS crowd feature for feature with an F-16 type whatever could-be-found-data-wise. That puts it over 5 years away at the current rate of development.

As I said, i've never been surprised in the last 8-9 years. They are welcome to do it any time they please! ;)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Does anyone know, who owns the commercial license for Falcon4.0 or if it was an exclusive deal?

That may be the biggest issue. If Micropose or any successor have an exclusive license for the PC simulation market, it will be difficult to get clearance.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Does anyone know, who owns the commercial license for Falcon4.0 or if it was an exclusive deal?

That may be the biggest issue. If Micropose or any successor have an exclusive license for the PC simulation market, it will be difficult to get clearance.

That's some pretty wild specualtion, considering that Microprose went down more than 15 years ago. I really doubt that an exclusive license deal for an F-16 is still tied to what is left of the Microprose brand (if such an exclusive license even existed in the first place).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's some pretty wild specualtion, considering that Microprose went down more than 15 years ago. I really doubt that an exclusive license deal for an F-16 is still tied to what is left of the Microprose brand (if such an exclusive license even existed in the first place).

That's why I asked, if somebody knows any details.

The problem is, if they have a successor, that bought the companies assets, they might still own the license etc.

That was what happened with FASA/FanPro's Battletech and MechWarrior franchises, with the Beatles songs and other intellectual property.

Shagrat

Meanwhile the "falcon" series was property by Microprose / Hasbro, Atary get the licences rights by Hasbro and maintain them. Remember the "Cease and Desist" over BMS by Atary on 2004, with block all engine and EXE moding. The properly rights continue on hand by Atary, with a distribution license to the "falcon" saga by Tommo Inc / Retroism to Steam, GoG, etc. but not a develop license to get modification on them.

The F-16 IP continue properly by Lockeed martin, I think have not problems to get a simulator IP by Lockeed to get a module to DCS: W.

There is no Exclusive Rights Contract for Lockheed Martin F-16.

Further More, if there was one for the "Falcon" Series, it would no longer be Valid, as the Falcon Series is no Longer in Active Development, the "Falcon" Series is simply in Re-Distribution via new Publisher, Tommo/Retroism are not developing the code, they are simply re-packaging it.

Falcon 4.0 IP is Owned by Tommo, w/ Retroism being the re-distributive publisher.

As for the 2008 Post by Wags,

Remember, there are A LOT of things in the Pipeline that are developed and then put on hold for one reason or another. (which was stated in that same post)

For Example, the L-39C/ZA Module was Developed to a point then put on hold, and never mentioned until it was clear that it was going to be finished and released.

The F-16, Mi2x, AH-64A, etc etc, have all had 3d Cockpit Renders Posted at one point or another in the Pre-DCS A-10C Era (During The BlackShark Era).

Now a few of these if they were to continue development would likely have been placed on hold for several reasons:

-Development of Air to ground Radar

-Development of Supersonic Professional Flight Model

-Development of Supersonic FBW Systems

-Development of Multi-Crew

etc etc.

However, We can look at the 2008 WIP List now and Summarize:

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now able to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

[TABLE] Aircraft | Assumed Status

----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A-10A Suite 2| Cockpit and AFM Likely Went to FC3

A-10C Suite 3| DCS A-10C 1.1.0.x + -> Present

AH-64A Blk. 49A| Some Renders of Cockpits Posted but Never Mentioned beyond that point, External Model has Elements that indicate it was to be flyable at some point.

Su-27| Assets Likely Went to FC3

F-15C | Assets Likely Went to FC3 w/ Murmurs by BST of Possibly Looking at a Full DCS:F-15C in the Future

Mi-24 | Recently Announced to be in development by BST (Likely using some of the old assets, but art was 9 years outdated now)

F-16C| Cockpit Renders posted in 2008, External Model has been continously teased, Skylark Stated it was still in Development in 2014.

MiG-29A | Likely Went into FC3

[/TABLE]

Mentioned Post by Skylark:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1996107&postcount=51

Edited by SkateZilla

Concerning Falcon, those rights are now fully owned by tommo games and retroism.

Concerning the F-16. I strongly doubt there has been any form of exclusivity deal. There have been other sims centered around the F-16, par example Novalogic's attempt at it, wich was from the same era as Falcon 4. The F-16 also features in many non-sim aviation centered games.

Check my F-15C guide

Even if a full fidelity DCS F-16 module released today, aside from graphics, it would be a shell of what is available in BMS 4.33 and it's amazing dynamic campaign.

I will continue to hope that the core engine/systems of DCS are fleshed out as opposed to just new modules.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

• ED Team
Even if a full fidelity DCS F-16 module released today, aside from graphics, it would be a shell of what is available in BMS 4.33 and it's amazing dynamic campaign.

I will continue to hope that the core engine/systems of DCS are fleshed out as opposed to just new modules.

That is your opinion of course, that said, please keep the conversation on DCS only. We have seen hints that there is still activity behind the scenes on this aircraft, but until ED is ready to release more information, we can only guess. Watch for future newsletters for official information.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

items posted in regards to "thebattlesimulator" arent directly related to DCS World.