Bomb Armament ?

Basco1

I know the Spit IX is still in development,but are we likely to see bombs added to it's armament in the near future,I haven't read or seen anything regarding this to date,but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

As you can see from my picture below it took quite a payload,which was amazing for such a light aircraft IMO.

skins%20003.jpg

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

It is a Beta release right now, the bomb option just hasn't been implemented yet.

Yes,thought as much Neil,but thank you for confirming this,I hate to miss a thing with this excellent module :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I was able to edit the Spitfire lua and make the bombs and drop tank appear in the ME.

They do not show on the aircraft!

We need to wait for this to implemented.

The selection of bombs, ( currently)

SC_501_SC500

SC_501_SD500

SC_501_SD250

SC_501_SC250

ER_4_SC50

BF109K_4_FUEL_TANK

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

That's a great photo Basco

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

I hope we get the four slipper fuel tanks

30, 45, 90 and 170 gallon :)

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Holy Smoke!

Please?

May I have some?:D

PRETTY PLEASE?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

RP3

Normally found on Typhoons with 8 to 12 rockets.

Squadron 74 apparently operated them with 2 installed :) however I am unsure if the IXc carried them IXe could however since they use the same wing the IXc should have been able to ;)

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

RP3

Normally found on Typhoons with 8 to 12 rockets.

Squadron 74 apparently operated them with 2 installed :) however I am unsure if the IXc carried them IXe could however since they use the same wing the IXc should have been able to ;)

I have read that the only Spitfires to operationally carry rockets in the war were XVIs and that was a field modification.

I read it was IXe, regardless the only huge difference between the ix and xvi is that the engine was either built in the UK Merlin 66 and those built in America Merlin 266 which are the same engine.

Project IX Cockpit

They definitely carried them, 4 or 6, in the late 40s.

There was also an experiment with a 1000lb bomb, but it ripped the bottom of the fuselage out, so that idea was abandoned.

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Man that just makes me wish we had a late war XVI XD

I find the late war rudder a tad more aesthetically pleasing

Project IX Cockpit

Man that just makes me wish we had a late war XVI XD
We can simulate one with the P51D cockpit!

In Alpha!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181483

When ED updates the aircraft to have bombs, I will see about making a variant with rockets.

I can change the aircraft data to match the specs (or close) of the real thing.

I just need accurate data.

Bombs soon, rockets to follow I hope.

I wouldn't hold my breath on rockets, unless we can 100% confirm there use on IXc and so far I can only find images of them on IXe :(

I am trying to find some more images of squadron 74.

Project IX Cockpit

I wouldn't hold my breath on rockets, unless we can 100% confirm there use on IXc and so far I can only find images of them on IXe sad.gif

ED may not include them but...........................:music_whistling:

• 1 month later...

ED,any news/hope that we can expect the Spit to be bombed up pretty soon please,or are we months away from this feature being implemented ?

ED,any news/hope that we can expect the Spit to be bombed up pretty soon please,or are we months away from this feature being implemented ?

we're probably far away, they got lots of things to do and maybe other warbirds are higher on their list

I wouldn't hold my breath for RP armed Spits; what evidence I have points to it being a 74 Squadron only local field modification and at a very late stage in the conflict; WW2 Spitfires were certainly not cleared operationally to use RPs generally.