Adobe Photoshop CS2

sp0nge

Hey everyone, having problems with skinning in adobe photoshop cs2

I see all these awesome hi resolution skins right, and I start creatin' my own. It's unbelievably crap. very aliased. Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Here are the steps I go through and receive a veerrrryyyy POOR result.

1) Extract Textures as BMP

2) Open in Photoshop

3) Begin Editing

4) Change resolution to 300 pixels/cm

5) Save as 24 bit colour, and as BMP

6) Install into LOMAC

7) Open LOMAC

8) Be unbelievably disappointed at my creation. :helpsmilie:

Am I doing anything wrong, or is there something I'm missing. Perhaps I should extract as .dds, does anyone have a link 2 the plugin?

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everyone, having problems with skinning in adobe photoshop cs2

I see all these awesome hi resolution skins right, and I start creatin' my own. It's unbelievably crap. very aliased. Unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Here are the steps I go through and receive a veerrrryyyy POOR result.

1) Extract Textures as BMP

2) Open in Photoshop

3) Begin Editing

4) Change resolution to 300 pixels/cm

5) Save as 24 bit colour, and as BMP

6) Install into LOMAC

7) Open LOMAC

8) Be unbelievably disappointed at my creation. :helpsmilie:

Am I doing anything wrong, or is there something I'm missing. Perhaps I should extract as .dds, does anyone have a link 2 the plugin?

Why change resolution to 300 pixels/cm? Resolution should be 72ppi with width/height 512, 1024, 2048 pixel

okay..I have been using photoshop since release 5 and now I use CS2. I also made some skins....

One thing....I never tamper with resolution. Its always 72 pix or whatever....I think it changes based on the file size or whatever.

so extract as bmp....open in photoshop....edit in layers....then go to file/save as copy..then select bmp...select 16 bit color which is enough for lomac and saves considerable fps. I noticed this with the nato flanker 4 pack that I made for crimean wars campaign...fps drops to single digits with many 24 bit skins. So 8 bit and 16 or whatever is better...and you see almost no difference and a considerable decrease in filesize.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

lol! migmag...look at the post times for both of us.. wow...u beat me to it buddy. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

ok....why dont u post screenshots of what u r saying is looking bad??

Let's clarify some stuff:

You just need to see pixels size of width and height, resolution is a field related to printing or monitor resolution but it's not referred to the size, it can have any value in your case that makes no difference if you keep your desired pixel size.

Resize before you edit and use bicubic method. If you scale up a bmp, pixelated image is normal, less if you scale down. Not pixelated if you have vector image.

Still problems?

• Like 1

Robbie.

ooh yeah...RGB is important too. :)

300 pixel per cm, wow, thats about 762 ppi, LOL. No even the best printer out there can print in that resolution :) (don't mix it up with fantasy resolution bullshit advertised by sellers/manufacturers, average printing raster is about 150 lpi)
:) 300 DOTS per INCH (dpi) not per cm. There are proof printers and ploters which can handle printing above 600 dpi resolution. But nevermind, that's not case.

Man! Something must be wrong with your Photoshop settings. Go to preferences and check is there any color management. You need to set this option off. Photoshop after installation set the default color managemenets. Try, maybe will work but I won't bet my right hand cut if it won't work.

looking at the screenshot...it seems something like model or texture corruption...I don't know. Photoshop couldn't do that....all it does is open the files and u edit it + if u save it as it was after a layer merge...no settings should change.

Are u trying to put this back into the cdds or something?? Try placing the texture bmp directly in temptextures directory.