DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Livestream! With Myself, Grimes, Einstein from Mudspike, and Wags

graywo1fg

dont worry the hornet will do that instead. 90% of people are going to want to fly that over the f14 and everything else because less dependency on a competent rio and because of jhmcs 9x atflir toys and it'll turn dcs world into hornet world.

Enough people will fly the Tomcat, not because it is better, but because it's such a nice aircraft. I might be wrong, but I feel most people fly in DCS because the are aviation enthusiasts, not necessarily because they want to win.

The F-14 will actually make a really good adversary for the F/A-18 once we have the Strait of Hormuz map, where we could have a scenario involving Iranian Tomcats.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Enough people will fly the Tomcat, not because it is better, but because it's such a nice aircraft. I might be wrong, but I feel most people fly in DCS because the are aviation enthusiasts, not necessarily because they want to win.

Well there are Two types of Pilots in DCS.

Aviation Enthusiasts and F-15C Pilots.

And if the Aim-54 will be as scary as some fear / think some of those F-15C pilots might emigrate ^^.

I hope it does not have the Aim-9X since we dont need to advance the timeframe/Weapons further.

So giving the F-18 the Aim-9X will make the Russian aircraft Even weaker if it has both Aim-9X and Aim-120s.

#ViggenForLife.

we are getting the 2006 variant i believe and considering the russians have the R-73 with the helmet mounted sight which can lock on to targets at a very wide range i feel like AIM-9x will just balance it out more than break the game, besides as many simmers say it's a simulator not call of duty or csgo, it's not a competitive game to say "oh this will be op" it's a study game.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

He has only two liveries? (The Viggen)

Well IRL there were only two types of Liveries carried by the AJ/AJS 37 Attack Viggen in active service.

The unpainted metal Scheme during the early-mid 1970s (first few years)

and the famous Green Splinter camo for the rest.

There were also a few 1-off Paintschemes during the end of its life.

There was a Tradition where a Squadron would Paint 1 of its aircraft in a more "eye catching" manor when the aircraft type and or Squadron was being retired one example of that tradition was this AJS 37

B-IMC-PIgAAQ8VV.jpg:large

And that is a Paintscheme that will certainly be added sooner or later.

And we will probably also get some Paint schemes that belonged to other Viggen variants (Low-Vis Grey) as well as some One Of Skins from the other Viggen Variants.

They have also confirmed they will do plenty of Fictional skins for the Viggen in use by other nations.

And there will most likely also be several Skins for the 2 service paint scheme types for the different Squadrons / Fighter Wings.

Well IRL there were only two types of Liveries carried by the AJ/AJS 37 Attack Viggen in active service.

The unpainted metal Scheme during the early-mid 1970s (first few years)

and the famous Green Splinter camo for the rest.

There were also a few 1-off Paintschemes during the end of its life.

There was a Tradition where a Squadron would Paint 1 of its aircraft in a more "eye catching" manor when the aircraft type and or Squadron was being retired one example of that tradition was this AJS 37

B-IMC-PIgAAQ8VV.jpg:large

And that is a Paintscheme that will certainly be added sooner or later.

And we will probably also get some Paint schemes that belonged to other Viggen variants (Low-Vis Grey) as well as some One Of Skins from the other Viggen Variants.

They have also confirmed they will do plenty of Fictional skins for the Viggen in use by other nations.

And there will most likely also be several Skins for the 2 service paint scheme types for the different Squadrons / Fighter Wings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope it does not have the Aim-9X since we dont need to advance the timeframe/Weapons further.

So giving the F-18 the Aim-9X will make the Russian aircraft Even weaker if it has both Aim-9X and Aim-120s.

Id probably prefer a late 90s F-18C since we dont need anything more capable then that (it wont improve gameplay by having a later variant).

But since it seems like we are getting a early 2000s variant

(With possibly both JHMCS and Aim-9X)

i feel like it will very much become the only aircraft flown (by most who own it) since it will be superior to existing aircraft in more or less all ways

(A-10C will likely still be better att killing large numbers of undedended ground targets due to its better gun and larger payload).

In this way it will have a much greater effect then the Eurofighter since the Eurofighter we are getting does not have Targeting pod ability / Advanced Air-Ground Munitions so it will be primarily Air-Air

where as the F-18C will be king in Air-Air And Air-Ground.

Since the JHMCS / Aim-9X will make it hands down better armed/equipped then any other aircraft in Air-Air.

But if we want to talk hornet we should probably move to a Hornet forum ^^.

And Even after the Hornet comes out the the AJS 37 will still be my

Nr1 strike aircraft =>.

#ViggenForLife.

Since we are getting 2000s variant than its quite likely it they could push it to come with AIm9X's, With a JHMCD youd be atually able to make the most of the missile.

However the above shouldn't be an excuse from having the Aim9X or JHMCD. Again Mission designers and Server Hosts can choose what munitions to allow, as has already been done with other aircraft before.

As far as Timeline goes many of the Missions vary, but many take place 2008- Present day, so while older tech is still around its certainly not pushing the Timelike to have a 2000's hornet included, at the end of the day it still a 4th gen AC. TBH its not much different direction than that other SIm that has a F16C 50/52blocks. its 90s era version but a MLU from the 2000s as well.

Besides the Hornet wont be the most modern jet forever. Veao has planes for a EF typhoon (tranche 1) , which is 4.5 gen aircraft.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If we are getting 2000s variant than its quite likely it they could push it to come with AIm9X's, With a JHMCD youd be atually able to make the most of the missile.

We are getting an F/A-18C OFP 13C Lot 20 Hornet meaning JHMCS (which has been confirmed) and almost undoubtedly AIM-9X. Now can we stop derailing this thread and turn it beck to the viggen?

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

We are getting an F/A-18C OFP 13C Lot 20 Hornet meaning JHMCS (which has been confirmed) and almost undoubtedly AIM-9X. Now can we stop derailing this thread and turn it beck to the viggen?

I know, i keep up with the news, and seen the Reddit thread specifying this..... hence my response, explaining reasons for having a modern hornet . Itls likely aim9x will come, assuming they can get info info on it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

how on earth do I embed the video to the first post of the youtube replay lol, just doing the youtube brackets around the link doesnt work?

[ YOUTUBE ]lZl9M_aJuQ4[ /YOUTUBE ]

without the spaces.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

how on earth do I embed the video to the first post of the youtube replay lol, just doing the youtube brackets around the link doesnt work?

not the link, but the last string code

e.g.

miomuSGoPzI

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |