FOV and Pure version solution.

theGozr

FOV and Pure version solution.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. FOV and Pure version solution.

• Yes
    • No
    • Ban super wide FoV it destroy the immersion.

I have a clean version of the DCS and as soon as I change my FOV ( Locking it to a much smaller number ) it doesn't allow me to enter into a pure server..

A solution would be to add the option to all modules like in the one of the "Mi-8MTV2" ( make sens )

Screen_170118_115358-2.jpg.f7695de27f62c9dcd96fee4d2a0cf165.jpg

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

I assume you have a solution in mind that means those with wide single monitors / multi-screen / NVIDIA Surround spanning enabled aren't forced to use the default 80 degrees fov, which puts your face about 2" away from the HUD?.

I assume you have a solution in mind that means those with wide single monitors / multi-screen / NVIDIA Surround spanning enabled aren't forced to use the default 80 degrees fov, which puts your face about 2" away from the HUD?.

Did you read what he said or you just reacted out o fear? "A solution" for you in case that joking BAN poll option was the problem would be to somehow establish a FOV for each screen. Anyway banning is not an option.

@theGozr

If you use an axis for FOV adjustement in game you can limit the axis in "Axis Tune" Menu. If not you might have a chance by editing the server/customviews.lua from User folder. There are people that report they had success with it and that folder is not part of IC.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

In our stage DCS have now a head placement saving which is great ! but the problem is the FoV is way far back super wide. Here a simple of a 95 FoV on 3 monitors ;)

So for my part I always lock my far FoV at 95 and place my head at the right place.. but by tweaking this the Sim is considerate as non pure and impossible to enter on some pure servers.. :(

Would be excellent to have an option like on the Mi-8 with a slider and be considered pure.

Thx

Screen_170121_150943.thumb.jpg.73c4c779004ab09244ced4e88f0c8ea1.jpg

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..

Some servers and even single player missions block changes to the view .lua. Why they do that I have no idea. So it's better to adjust the max FOV using the Axis Tuning menu.

I don't see any reason this should be regulated in the game though

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5