English cockpit?

WarHawk72

I believe there was confirmation that there'd be an English cockpit, and failing that, then we may get a great mod from Devrim that will cover it very well indeed.

Thank you for the information, a English cockpit would make it a little easier to learn how the systems work/flow for me.

I'll throw my vote in for this option as well. This module already looks to be a very detailed, in depth simulation. Probably only second to the A-10C as far as complexity. Having an English cockpit option at launch, or very shortly thereafter, would be much appreciated.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

The one thing that concerns me having the English cockpit as a mod, is that I keep getting refused entry to online servers due to failing the integrity check, and the only mods I have installed are English cockpits.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The one thing that concerns me having the English cockpit as a mod, is that I keep getting refused entry to online servers due to failing the integrity check, and the only mods I have installed are English cockpits.

This sounds fishy, I use custom cockpits on several aircraft and none of the mods have trouble with the integrity check.

Indeed, you can end up with all kinds of baggage in the Saved Games folder even with a complete reinstall. If you have historically loaded and unloaded mods, you can still end up failing integrity checks on servers.

It pays every once in a while to just completely wipe the slate clean and delete the saved games stuff too. Just save all the bare essentials into a back-up folder, and approach reinstalling stuff with care.

It might even pay to have a separate install just for online use.

This sounds fishy, I use custom cockpits on several aircraft and none of the mods have trouble with the integrity check.

Well it's a recent thing, as they weren't failing the check a couple of DCS updates ago - I've flown on the Open Conflict server a couple of times in December, but now I can't get in due to the check - and nothing has changed at my end except the official updates.

I'll be doing some investigating, anyway and see if I can find what is exactly failing the check. If IC is enabled on NTTR, I can use that to cross-check as well.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Well it's a recent thing, as they weren't failing the check a couple of DCS updates ago - I've flown on the Open Conflict server a couple of times in December, but now I can't get in due to the check - and nothing has changed at my end except the official updates.

I'll be doing some investigating, anyway and see if I can find what is exactly failing the check. If IC is enabled on NTTR, I can use that to cross-check as well.

I suggest you check the mod packages again to see what files are there. Afaik a regular cockpit mod should do nothing else but input its dds files and description.lua to \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\[module name]\Liveries\[module/cockpit name]\[cockpit mod name]\

For example, I've seen some questionably made cockpit mods uploaded to DCS user files that try to replace the default cockpit textures, I wouldn't be surprised if that triggers the integrity check to fail. Personally I use Ricardo/Devrim cockpit mods on several aircraft and they've worked flawless so far.

We're hoping to have the Eng cockpit ready for launch on Friday; but worst case scenario it gets added in the very first patch or so. :)

Thank you Cobra847 for the update, module is looking great can not wait to fly her...my first Jet module for DCS.

Well, I already speak German fluently, and enough French and Greek to get by - I don't really fancy learning Russian for those modules, Spanish for the Aviojet, Czech for the Albatros and Swedish for the Viggen. Hey maybe then Brazilian for the Tucano.

Or I can just be grown up and use the international language that I already know ;)

Kneeboard Guides

The problem with that statement is that none of those airframes are the Viggen, and none of those languages are Swedish. You pretend like they are somehow equal. Obviously they are not.

If you already know english and german, you basically know swedish at the level needed for Viggen to be fair.

...If you already know english and german, you basically know swedish at the level needed for Viggen to be fair.

Well, I don't know but Swedish always sounded really difficult. I mean, with every other foreign language at least I had an impression where the pauses between words and sentences were. Every time I'm in Sweden it’s almost like listening to one continues flow of sounds without any spaces whatsoever :).

IMO, english cockpit is a must, especially that the systems seams quite complex and specific.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

You only need to read single words though, not manage a conversation. They said in the livestream that if english cocpit isn't available at launch it will be prio 1 following that, so it is sort of a moot point really, but for example;

Funktionskontroll, Beredskap, Navigering, Anfall, Spaning, Landning/Navigering, Landning Par/Optisk,

...are the different options on the mastermode selector, and if you are familiar with english and german you should be able to figure out what is what pretty quickly. I have faith in all of your mental faculties. :)