Spitfire Liveries Collection mod

Hawkeye60

Brought to you by,

WW II Aircraft Development Co-op (WW II ADC )

President - Markindel, Model development

Vice President - Hawkeye60, Mod development

Research/Resource gathering, Testing, bug discovery, javalina1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have collected all the available liveries I could find from the user file down-load page and the forums and assembled them into one JSGME package.

I hope it is ok to post a link to the entire collection.

If there is any objection to any skin being included, I will remove it.

If I missed any, point them out and I will add them to the mod.

Not if but WHEN the file becomes too large, It can be split into smaller pieces.

After the template is released, most or all of these will change.

I will update the Mod when necessary.

Great job to all the artists who created these wonderful skins!

All credit belongs to the original authors.

Thank you!

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/impuw6dlm1zhbhg/Spitfire%20Liveries.zip?dl=0

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

A few liveries removed by request.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

He´s not taken another´s work, he is compiling the skins in one pack.

I dont´see any damage to anyone on that.

The skins are public and available anyway on the files section.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Far be it from me, but I like to choose where my work is hosted wink.gif

Your wish is my command!

Doing so now.

Please accept my apology.

Your wish is my command!

Doing so now.

Please accept my apology.

Much appreciated

Rock, while we're at it, any word on fixing the texture mapping on flaps of Your BS410 livery? :)

Been a busy couple of weeks bud, maybe next weekend when I get some time.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• 1 year later...
Maybe a silly question, but in which folder in DCS are they placed and what is the best way to access them on a flying model?

On <your user>/saved ganes/dcs/ create a folder named "Liveries", within that create a sub folder named "SpitfireLFMkIX".

Put each livery on a separate folder within that path (/saved games/dcs/liveries/SpitfireLFMkIX), when you are in the sim, you can change your current livery on the armament window.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

.. :\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX\Liveries

I think, this is what you are looking for.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same. I put skins in Liveries folders as suggest by both gents at the same time and still nothing shows other than the stock liveries!

I have aircraft and ships in the mods folder that works fine though!!

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Edit - fixed - user error - folder format was incorrect

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You can put your skins (Liveries) directly into the installation folders in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries' into the folder belonging to the aircraft type, each skin in its own folder, but these will be moved to ''c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_backup.nnn' at every update.

You can also put them into your Saved Games folder by following these instructions Creating a Single Universal Liveries Folder for All Installs, in which case they will never be removed or moved and will be available to all versions of DCS you have installed, as long as they are configured accordingly.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, you are evil :devil: ... :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Well then just follow the instructions and replace the C with B if you want to install them inside the game itself. Why you would do this is beyond me as they will get wiped at every update I reckon

Use either the saved games path as suggested or JSGME/OVGME, search the site for what these pieces of software can do for you.

Just another suggestion when you are in the Mission Editor & cannot find the skins make sure the country you are flying as is the same as in the Description.lua file for the skin

If you don't understand what I'm on about try flying as UK for the Spit, the chances are the skin (or at least some skins) will come up. Most skins for the Spit are RAF although there are Armee De L'Air skins (France) and others

If you fly for the wrong country you will not see the appropriate skins

Just a thought

Thanks Weegie - I have successfully used JSGME for the sound mod and I tried it for the liveries as the paths are the same. I will keep trying and yes, when I select the Spit, I always make it UK. I think the files downloaded and extracted from zip are incomplete in some way - thats my guess.

Post a link to one of the liveries that cause trouble and we'll take a look whether it works fine in current game version or not.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well then just follow the instructions and replace the C with B if you want to install them inside the game itself. Why you would do this is beyond me as they will get wiped at every update I reckon

No they won't - they're custom folders the updater has no idea about, so it cannot even touch them. Unless someone specifically runs a game cleanup command.

Anyway, back to Hornetjock, I took a look at the Reflected's skin you mention. It is a bit unusual, not having any specific "countries" defined in it at all, but looks like it it can be used with any of them.

I don't know how your folder structure is set up in JSGME, but I can confirm that the skin will become selectable when files end up extracted to either

c:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\

or

[your DCS installation path]\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The path would be :

B\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\SpitfireLFMkIX\RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected\

I notice that for me the SpitfireLFMKIX does not have a folder in Liveries...It goes from Soldier Stinger to Stinger Comm. Is that how it should be? Should I just create a folder "SptifireLFMKIX"?

Indeed, some planes don't have their own folders in "liveries" location and they have to be created manually, that's the case with our Spit as well. Generally correct spelling of the airplane name is critical, as you can see here it's "SpitfireLFMKIX" without any spaces, dashes and such.

Just to be sure - the "RAF Johnnie Johnson EN398 by Reflected" folder must contain only these few loose files with .dds and .lua extension.

Edited by Art-J