LWIN + LCTRL + M no longer recognised

asp22

This morning, the combination LWin + LCTRL + M stopped working. I use this key combination to enter the letter M in the A-10C CDU (JTAC coordinates). I've used that combination for many months so i'm confused as to why it suddenly stopped.

I went to the control settings page and did some testing. Pretty much all keys work with LWin + LCTRL except M. I downloaded a keyboard tester but that seems to register the keystrokes. I reinstalled keyboard drivers but that didn't help. I first noticed this on 1.5.5 so I was curious if the same happened in version 2. I booted up version 2 and I see the same problem. I disconnected usb controllers and tested but no luck.... perhaps my keystroke tester is broken???

Has anyone else encountered this strange behaviour? Does anyone have suggestions or a fix?

Thanks,

Not that I'm aware of. I've also tried it with trackIr off. Just tested with a second keyboard but get the same problem. The plot thickens.

I had an installation of 1.2.6 so I just gave that a try and the key combinations works. But when i try 1.5.5 It still fails... I wonder if a fresh install is required.

Edited by asp22

This morning, the combination LWin + LCTRL + M stopped working. I use this key combination to enter the letter M in the A-10C CDU (JTAC coordinates). I've used that combination for many months so i'm confused as to why it suddenly stopped.

Has anyone else encountered this strange behaviour?

Had a lot of issues with different module for a while with certain key combinations not working, figured out why not recently.

If you have added, modified or removed key combinations from the default keyboard command sets for an aircraft DCSW will make a keyboard.diff.lua file to record the changes.

For what ever reason that I can not see why it does it, more than likely ED changed the format recently and any older keyboard.diff.lua files no longer work correctly.

So the short answer is to delete any "Keyboard.diff.lua" file in the following folder for the A-10c and let DCS just use its default key set and all should work again (You will have to remap any key customizations you had previously and this may or not break it again, I haven't tested that far:

c:\Users\Yourusername\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard\keyboard.diff.lua

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Okay - The problem seems to be resolved but i'm not entirely sure why.

I updated Mother board drivers and retested. Same Issue.

I created a secondary account. Logged in and booted up DCS. LWIN + LCTRL + M worked.

Logged out and logged in to my primary account. Booted up DCS and Lwin + Lctrl +M worked.

:huh:

Following a Reboot I have the same problem.

Tried logging into second account and starting DCS but that account shows the same problem now.

-----------

update.

Seems to be resolved now but i don't know why.

I was trying to determine the smallest set of actions i need to take to get the keys working. While working through this it magically fixed it self. Here is the sequence of steps that seemed to help but like i said i still do not know the underlying problem

1. Login to main account

2. Switch to secondary account - (switch not log out)

3. Log out of secondary account

3. Log in to main account

4. Key combination seems to work.

Edited by asp22