Combat with guns .

Well i thought i would give the jet age and WWII models ago , guns only combat well its been a while since i tried DCS guns only combat and i would just say the spotting and merge is just awful.

I thought we had moved on i thought this was fixed . ??

If DCS want to make it with the WWII models then the spotting and lod needs updating fast.

It just does not cut it for me . :pilotfly:

The enemy just disappear right under your nose in a knife fighting dogfight with the twisting and turning .

Its 2017 and we still haven't got this sorted .

Will the new WWII map bring in new software to spot and engage at close ranges .

For jets DCS is miles ahead in this department but 1940 -1954 it really needs some work .

I Cant see tracer rounds , cant see aircraft when merged , come on , this is base combat .

Lets get this fixed . :huh:

frustrated ill stick with my jets . :noexpression:

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

while i agree its not easy, im not sure i'd agree to any extent that enemies disappear... There is in fact a large prop and guns community flying multiple servers like acg/steel balls/burning skies etc and having a great time engaging and fighting at close range. I wouldnt go as far as to say others share your frustration. I think most of us who are flying WWII through the Vietnam birds are much more concerned with getting appropriate theaters. most of us have actually acclimated to what we have for visibility and are immensely enjoying the sim. But yes - its not perfect... but it is absolutely playable and enjoyable for many of us.

You might want to look into servers that have the shift f10 mod installed to help you out. other than that, i'd say do what the rest of us have done and train your eyes to recognize and follow movement. I hate to see anyone discounting what is actually quite a large selection of exquisitely modelled modules -- you're missing out fella. give it time and your eyes will adjust.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Well i thought i would give the jet age and WWII models ago , guns only combat well its been a while since i tried DCS guns only combat and i would just say the spotting and merge is just awful.

I thought we had moved on i thought this was fixed . ??

If DCS want to make it with the WWII models then the spotting and lod needs updating fast.

It just does not cut it for me . :pilotfly:

The enemy just disappear right under your nose in a knife fighting dogfight with the twisting and turning .

Its 2017 and we still haven't got this sorted .

Will the new WWII map bring in new software to spot and engage at close ranges .

For jets DCS is miles ahead in this department but 1940 -1954 it really needs some work .

I Cant see tracer rounds , cant see aircraft when merged , come on , this is base combat .

Lets get this fixed . :huh:

frustrated ill stick with my jets . :noexpression:

Have you enlarged the model size in the gameplay options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Have you enlarged the model size in the gameplay options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That`s a very good question at distance i can see a small dot , but as we get closer , i loose all sight ,

Yes i have it set too large but i feel its not working , don`t seem like its too scale .

not to worry ill stay with radar and air to air lock on .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Yes your right Grunf , i did think so , is there any plan`s on fixing the poor visibility on close combat .

Why is there so many problems with the new generation of combat flight sims that has issues at spotting and visibility in close combat .

Il-2 1946 got it right and Falcon 4 BMS and Cfs3 and Rise of flight .

But today`s sims all fail even BOS has issues . whats going on ..!!

Edited by Con

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

while i agree its not easy, im not sure i'd agree to any extent that enemies disappear... There is in fact a large prop and guns community flying multiple servers like acg/steel balls/burning skies etc and having a great time engaging and fighting at close range. I wouldnt go as far as to say others share your frustration. I think most of us who are flying WWII through the Vietnam birds are much more concerned with getting appropriate theaters. most of us have actually acclimated to what we have for visibility and are immensely enjoying the sim. But yes - its not perfect... but it is absolutely playable and enjoyable for many of us.

You might want to look into servers that have the shift f10 mod installed to help you out. other than that, i'd say do what the rest of us have done and train your eyes to recognize and follow movement. I hate to see anyone discounting what is actually quite a large selection of exquisitely modelled modules -- you're missing out fella. give it time and your eyes will adjust.

While gameplay is viable, spotting is still terrible.

Planes are more clearly visible from longer distances. There's a zone in which the model changes and becomes almost invisible against some backgrounds. This is plainly seen when zooming in on some dots, that are hardly visible when zoomed in.

It's especially bad on my 4k screen. Logically you would think more pixels makes it easier to spot other aircraft, but unfortunately the opposite is the case.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat