Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams (VFAT) 2006

Hi Pilots,

Since we are getting closer and closer to the VFAT it is time to give you some more information about the show. :)

First of all, we’re sorry for the lack of news in the last time. However Bublik has quitted the organisation team due to more important things in real life and I had very little time in the past few weeks because of some exams in school. Anyway, I want to thank Bublik very much. It was his idea to run something like Virtual Airshows and we may thank only him that this year there’s going to be another VFAT. Now we have reorganised our orga-team and I also want to thanks VTB-Striker for his efforts in supporting us. Thanks dude!

For all of you who don’t know what the VFAT is:

The virtual Aerobatic Team Airshow is something like RIAT or MAKS: a big airshow where virtual aerobatic teams can fly with each other and perform their displays in front of the lock on community. It's the only virtual airshow where more than one Aerobatic Team shows its display.

Visitors can watch nearly every lock on aerobatic team live. Further they can listen to all the communications of the aerobatic teams via TeamSpeak. In addition to last year this year we will also try to set up a video livestream via WindowsMedia Player… Right now we are dealing with several providers and can’t make any promises yet. But we keep you up2date.

pic_1404.jpg pic_1414.jpg

A list of all participating aerobatic teams can be found here: http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat

If you have already registered your team in the preliminary registration thread and your team isn’t listed there, please contact me as soon as possible: webmaster@virtual-jabog32.de

If you haven’t registered your team in the preliminary registration thread and still want to participate, please contact us no later than Sunday, 5th November 2006 (same mail address).

Date of the Airshow

Rehearsal - November 10/11, 2006

The Show - November 17/18, 2006

There is going to be a rehearsal on November 10/11, 2006 for all aerobatic teams. We don’t know exactly whether we permit visitors during the rehearsal, but probably yes :)

The Big Show takes place on Friday, November 17th, 19.00 GMT and Saturday, November 18th, 18.00 GMT Spectators are highly appreciated. You're allowed to join whenever you want. But please note, that spectators really are only allowed "to join as a spectator" and not as player with an aircraft.

You may also join our public TeamSpeak Server to listen to the communications of the aerobatic teams.

Click here to view the current GMT Time

A request to all aerobatic Teams who want to participate

In order to create the Modification with all the skins and mods of your aerobatic teams we need all your skins and mods. If you have any requirements for the mission (like trucks around the airfield marking special points, etc.) please let us know this, too.

Please send your skins, mods and other documents you want to send us as soon as possible to webmaster@virtual-jabog32.de

We will use this thread to give you all necessary information about the Event. This thread is also meant to inform the aerobatic teams about the procedures, etc. We will publish ground charts and runway directions, etc. in a few days. If you have any question, feel free to write them in this thread :)

Like in the last year we have setup a special page on our website with all VFAT-related information. Please be sure to check this page out regularly: http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat :)

• Like 1

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see the show ! Good luck !

Waiting 4 ...also :)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I guess its too late for us to signup. But are we able to submit a skin for a static display object? Squadron advertising is always a plus :-P.

My XO and I were wondering if we should do anything like a tactical display of the F-14 but I am not sure we would be able to make VFAT nor at the given time zone assigned. So VFAT 2007 here we come!

• Like 1

Hi Corsair,

In order to save fps we've been requested to not use any unnecessary ground objects (eye-candy) at the airbase. So, I'm very sorry, but this year we're not going to have a static display. But perhaps next year... who knows? ;)

Teams and Solo-Pilots can sign up till Sunday/Monday.

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

How come no teams fly the su-25?

The first team to pull that off would be the most elite team ever!

just like RUSS squadren...

If I am not mistaken there already is, "Team Red Bull" and yes it would be an elite team. But for me I am a fan of the A-10 A WHOLE TON more than that crap little rust bucket of bolts and big warheads.

The CO of the squad created a thread over at VTB Forums a while back, I guess you can check it out if you want.

http://forum.virtualthunderbirds.com/viewtopic.php?t=1122&highlight=red+bull

redbulljy5.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortuneatly the streaming-thing is still a problem as so far no one knows how to set up such a stream. If anyone has some "know-how" about that please let me know as fast as possible!

THX!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Gentlemen we have have a small problem here: Chrissi has some problems with his internet connection. This means he can't be present at the rehearsal session. Further he can't do any organisation which is not done until now.

The plan "B" is as follows:

Tomorrow Chrissi will send me all communication done with all of you teams, I'll havea look on that and try to do his part in this. Next point is that Chrissi makes the mod and mission. It's not clear if it will be available at the rehearsal.

As things seem now its just the rehearsal thats hit by that trouble as Chrissi thinks he will be out of that stress by monday or tuesday. The event itself will take place as planned. If neither mod nor mission are available we will do a connection test and some test flying on a standard LOMAC configured Mission.

I hope you all understand... I can promise we are as upset as you. Let's make the best out of it!!

@Corsair: Under this circumstances I would really love to have you on my side to get that streaming issue solved. The audience will thank you for that! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

If I am not mistaken there already is, "Team Red Bull" and yes it would be an elite team. But for me I am a fan of the A-10 A WHOLE TON more than that crap little rust bucket of bolts and big warheads.

I flew the A-10 in the VFAT 2005 :) Was a blast :D

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Yes,

thanks for the take over! We are smart guys, i don't feel worried about the issue, let us manage this live as real as it gets, like a real meeting, no ? :thumbup:

Thus, the Patrouille Suisse will meet you on TS at 20h00 GMT, with callsigns PSV_Tiger# and with 4 pilots (two missing the rehearsal). We will then decide the show schedule.

See you there guys,

:pilotfly:

Erwan "Airone", JetESons Team Member

AlphaJet Lover