Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams (VFAT) 2006

Hope you get the servers graphic card problems worked out.

Good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INFO: (as described in TS already...)

Due to massive (maybe hardware) problems with our dedicated server we have to cancel tonights rehearsal meeting. We try to get everything working for tomorrows session and keep you informed via the lockon.ru-forums!

Sorry for that mess mates!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Maybe it can be monitored on the JaBoG32_ATC-Tool. As we actuallydon't know if our sever will be in service soon enough I can say nothing about that for sure.

Currently we are talking with the VVS504th-Squad about using one of their dedicated servers.

Additionally I still hope we will get that streaming-thing working so that much people could watch live.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot Corsair!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone,

I'm back online and i really apologize for all the problems...

But in order to get along:

The problems on our Dedicated Server are solved and right now I'm finishing the Airshow Modification 2006. So the Rehearsal can be held :)

Like in the postings announced before the Rehearsal Part 2 will start at 19.00 GMT. As usual all information can be found here:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat

I will provide a download link to the airshow modification as soon as it is online.

btw: We can't promise that tonight we will have the actual airshow mission. If we have enough time we try to create it, but if not we will use a default mission without waypoints or special marking points as requested by some teams.

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

Isn't it the same skin as last year?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Summary:

Yesterdays rehearsal-session can be called "successful". The mod works (all planes and skins aree where they should be). Some fine-tuning will be given to the mission file (i.e. marker-WPs, season and time). Pings were great and we saw just a little taste of whats coming up next weekend. Thanks to all of those who participated.

Some points to focus:

- Time will be a major factor next weekend. All teams please ensure to be ready in time or maybe 30mins earlier. To save as much time as possible the following team will seat their planes as the previous team called "tochdown".

- ATC: Please refer to the informations given in the "VFAT-ATC"-channel on our public TS-server. There you'll find all necessary com-phrases. Remember that only the team-leader has to communicate with VFAT-"Tower". These request- and clearance-procedures are just made for a smooth run of the event with no accidents as all want a clear frequence and airspace for their display.

About the live stream: Thats still work in progress. Not yet clear if it will work in time. For that case some spectators will be allowed to connect to the show (game-server).

Thats all for now. Thank you again for paticipating in the rehearsal and cya next weekend.

Also thanks to the VVS504th for holding their server ready for backup in case of problems with our server!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent work Laud!

It was very smooth on my end over here in the USA and a great taste of whats to come.

I'm looking forward to next weeks show.

Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

Chrissi, maybe you can add a scedule, with times every aerobatic team should do their display, to the VFAT mod, together with all the important information needed as IP's rules and so on.

I also want to ask every pilot which flies at the VFAT to record their track. They have the most stable record of their own aircraft and movie makers will be able to switch to views from your cockpit.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Frazer, :)

As already mentioned in some postings above we collect all information about the Event on our VFAT Webpage:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat

There are also some rough details about the time frames of when the teams are going to fly. Since the schedule is not yet finished the page will be updated some more times ;)

So therefore i hadn't included a timeframe into the Airshow Mod.

The Airshow Mod itself will be published on Monday evening, at the latest on Tuesday. I'm still waiting for some skins. Probably, one more team from France - the "First Haven Squadron" - is going to participate.

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

Actually we (the VFAT-Orga-Team) want as much pilots as possible to record a track of their flight, as we think about doing a video-contest after the event.

Since we are glad to have SAITEK germany as squad-sponsor we might have a nice price for the winner. The jury would be the whole (vid-watchin) community. I keep the infos on low level at this point of time because this is not sure for now. Anyways there will be tracks available and there WILL be a video! :)

@Fox: So I can count on you as our first candidate for the contest?! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually we (the VFAT-Orga-Team) want as much pilots as possible to record a track of their flight, as we think about doing a video-contest after the event.

Since we are glad to have SAITEK germany as squad-sponsor we might have a nice price for the winner. The jury would be the whole (vid-watchin) community. I keep the infos on low level at this point of time because this is not sure for now. Anyways there will be tracks available and there WILL be a video! :)

@Fox: So I can count on you as our first candidate for the contest?! ;)

HEh yes you can, I am sure that many guys will make better videos than main but I will be happy If I will be part of "videoteam" :) and will try to do best.

Thanks for Info and If some important things will occure send mee PM.

I will track this forum anyway!

***UPDATE*** if it possibly yet :music_whistling:

1. Name: RAF "Virtual Swifts" Solo

2. Aircraft: 1x MiG-29

3. Time: 15 min

4. Prefered Settings: Full Real except for unlimited flares

5. Contact Person: me :)

Welcome back online Flystorm!

Your solo display is implented in the VFAT schedule.

Note: Since i'm helping with the VFAT organisation, I can announce that the VFAT server will run with only one setting. To prevent connecting problems and to save time (the server must restart for setting changes). This because of the high amount of teams participating and our tight schedule.

The VFAT will last around 3,5 hours friday and 5 hours saturday.

You can find the server settings here:http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat

WR=211=Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Everyone,

Finally, we've finished the Airshow Modification for VFAT 2006.

Yo may download it here:

VFAT Airshowpack 2006 Version 1.1

We've tested the modification carefully but we haven't found any errors. However, if you think the modifications causes some problems please let us know as soon as possible. Please also check whether all skins install correctly. :)

We will release the mission file, schedule and ground charts shortly.

Important: We made a change in the start times of VFAT on Saturday!

Since the Virtual Thunderbirds have only got time between 18.00 and 19.00 GMT we're going to start already on 18.00 GMT on Saturday (not Friday; Friday starts at 19.00 GMT!). So, on Saturday, they are the first team performing the display.

Friday: 19.00 GMT ~ 22.30 GMT

Saturday: 18.00 GMT ~ 23.00 GMT

We also updated our VFAT page and published some more details:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=vfat&lang=en

This page contains all information you need to know about the VFAT. There is also information about the Western and the Eastern Server.

On Friday all displays are going to run on the JaBoG32 Server (Europe).

On Saturday however, the first performance (the display of the Virtual Thunderbirds) is going to run on the VTB-Server (US) and afterwards we switch back again to the JaBoG32 Server (Europe).

We're all really looking forward to VFAT 2006! :D

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

im still working on that live streaming but its currently having technical difficulty's :P. i was thinking about seeing if we could use Fraps and use a program to stream that video but its giving me trouble so I might try something else! Im going to try and keep you guys updated!