Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams (VFAT) 2006

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice touched up pictures there SVK_Fox!

Thanks for sharing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

Nice to see some screenshots! I wasn't able to attend and watch today due to real life commitments (work). Glad to hear everything went well. Hopefully, we'll see more great stuff tomorrow and not a lag-fest! Keeping my fingers crossed for low latency flying and great displays! :thumbup:

LD

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Been having a tough time getting into the server and watching live, but I've been downloading these tracks as soon as they got out. Very nice job everyone! Pleasure to watch skilled and diciplined hands. Great to see how everyone has improved since a year ago (better netcode, better flying and more evolved teams) and continue to really put on great displays. Keep up the great work guys!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of today and discussing the performances afterwards!!! :thumbup:

LD

P.S. Frazer (White Ravens), your "Slow Roll" while tucked in-between the tail-fins is outta this world! :pilotfly: :thumbup:

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

@Wasserfall: Hi mate! As you might not know here's a hint how to watch the show afterwards: 1st: Download the VFAT 2006-Mod on our Website 2nd: Download the Tracks of the displays (they can be found in the VFAT-section).

-> watch and enjoy! ;)

Greetings to the other DFDT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hi Laud,

i watched the tracks (guess the VFAT mod is for the skins) i will download that too.

Very, very impressive especially Frazer's solo is stunning!!!!

but i still have to see the other tracks.

Thanks for this event

Tigergreetz!!!

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

P.S. Frazer (White Ravens), your "Slow Roll" while tucked in-between the tail-fins is outta this world! :pilotfly: :thumbup:

Concur, it´s the manoeuvre of the season!

I already talked to Frazer about it (couldn´t believe my eyes yesterday), and it took him 18! months to master it.

Speechless.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Screenshots from the Virtual Thunderbird demo at VFAT 2006 performed Saturday, November 18 are up in the image gallery!

Go to: http://gallery.virtualthunderbirds.com

Click: Main Menu -> Screenshots -> 2006 VFAT

Looking forward to seeing more screenies from the other teams/solos! :smilewink:

Just watched the track for the 9-ship formations by the Swifts and White Ravens from today. That big formation looked Sierra Hotel!

P.S. Only 4 days until our "monster" movie release now...

After having a bit of a hangover I look back to a fantastic VFAT. It was wonderful to see the VFAT growing, together with the average skill level.

As part of the VFAT organisation I want to thank every pilot for participating to this great event!

My special thanks goes out to the Virtual-JaBoG squadron making this all possible. Providing the very powerful server and the VFAT modification (Chrissi) plus mission (Retsam). I also want to thank Woodstock, Laud and Exter for making it all run smooth.

The online spirit and atmosphere was great and I just loved to see the aerobatic community brought together!

At the end, I also want to remember WR=210=Vladimir (Bublik), founder of the VFAT.

Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams is here to stay!

Thank you all!

WR=211=Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

we were really happy to be part of that event even if we are only a 6 months old team as you could see in our demo. Sorry about that :music_whistling:

Now I just wanted to share a video made out of the voice and the display of the Thunderbirds. It's not perfect. It was the first time I did that kind of stuff and I missed a few interesting views. I even discovered a few keys to change view :D

Anyway here we go for a 500 Meg video of the thunderbirds.

http://goodies.escapade.ch/videos/thunderbirds_LO_VFAT2006.divx

Enjoy and hope to see you next year

Fantastic organization for VFAT and its' organizers, great job to you all and thank-you for a great show!

Respect to everyone that flew and represented their teams, you all did a very nice demonstration. All of the hours of practice paid off with great dividends.

And as others have said, that "special show" with the White Ravens and Virtual Swifts was an eye opener with 9 planes; and that WR show where the two inverted planes doing the roll; as well as the slow roll manuever between the tail...absolutely fantastic and innovative. I also was delighted with the Corkscrew by the IAT, as I had not seen that before.

To the Virtual Snowbirds, Virtual Thunderbirds, White Ravens, Reaper, Virtual Swifts, Illusion Aerobatic Team, Mohamed, The First Heavens Squadron and Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle all of you had great shows, and fighting and overcoming the occasional lag issues to make VFAT a wonderful thing. Thank-you for all of your hard work, time and practice.

The wife and I truly enjoyed watching the Virtual Thunderbirds perform, Great show VTB's.

I look forward to watching VFAT2007 already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

Guest Flyingrock

Thanks to the organizers of VFAT 2006 and congrats to all of the teams and performers who displayed their fantastic virtual flying skills! I had a great time and am enjoying watching all of the movies that were posted for review. Thanks again and cya next year!

The VFAT 2006 is over... For me, it was one of the best weekends I've ever had. It was just amazing to watch the awesome performances of the aerobatic teams. I've never seen anything like this before! On behalf of the spectators i really want to thank all Aerobatic Teams for the great show! You can be very proud of you and your skills! We may look back at an amazing weekend and that's your effort!

Furthermore i want to thank all who were involved in organizing the event. First of all Retsam and Frazer, Woodstock and Laud but also the Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle for their kind support in the streaming issue (thanks Manu!) and of course Striker and Lawndart from the Virtual Thunderbirds. Thank you so much!

My special thanks goes out to Bublik: As already mentioned it was his idea to do something like virtual Airshows and he was the one founded the VFAT.

Last but not least i want to thank the spectators for the cooperation. Nearly all spectators didn't join or leave the server during displays and therefore avoided lag. Thank you!

JaBoG32_Chrissi

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

Thanks Chrissi for everything you and everyone involved with the VFAT organization has done in creating and structuring the VFAT. As a spectator I was delighted by the entire event.

Thanks for two days of excitement, allowing us to observe many teams and their formation routines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

I had the rehearsal-mod where your skin is missing, so my screens don't include pictures of your display... sry!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hi Reaper,

Your skin was definitely the most beautiful one of the weekend and it will be honored in the screenshot section shortly!

As Laud said, it´s just a little organisational issue, someone else but him has to upload it.

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

I found that to uninstall the VFAT 2006 mod I had to hit uninstall about 4 times, one right after the other.

Then it would show everything uninstalled. Hope it helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

Guest JaBoG32_Retsam

Hi,

First I want to thank each Aerobatic Team to participate on the VFAT 2006. You made this show to an memorable event! And also a big thanks to the spectators who were staying up so much time for the last teams! Now we are searching for the recordings with the best quality of each display. So we would be very pleased, if you could send us your tracks or sound recordings from the Teamspeak as far as possible. They all will be necessery for diverse movie projects to get the best instants from each flight and the best sound recordings to include them in a movie potentially. Please send the tracks/recordings to: retsam@virtual-jabog32.de

Your’s sincerely,

Retsam:thumbup: