Help with MP chat for a newbie

sthompson

I have figured out how to use chat in MP but there is no way I'm going to be able to type messages while flying. Yet other people seem to do that routinely. How? Third hand? Assistant? voice recognition software. What do you do?

Somewhat relatedly, is there a way to ID other players. Last night someone on AerobaticsOnline server kept locking me up and the tone was driving me nuts to the point where I quit flying. Seems like there should be a way to PM another player, or at least figure out who is doing it.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

lol - yeah not easy but it really is nothing special... take hands off stick and type.

type fast .....

yes, pm/direct chat would be awesome

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Practice trim and power settings to get to a point where you can release the stick and be confident the plane won't go bonkers. Some, like the Su-25T are stupid simple to put in straight and level autopilot. Learn how your autopilot works.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Point it at the blue stuff then type as fast as you can :D

Also, if you are flying a FC3 aircraft you can always turn your RWR volume right down to stop people annoying you with the excessive lock.

The default keys are -

Ralt+, for RWR Volume down

Ralt+. for RWR Volume up

This is always the first thing I do when a friendly starts locking me for too long.

In the VA server they have external views and F-10 see all enabled (last time I checked anyway), so if someone is locking you, simply press F10 and look in the direction from your aircraft that your behind locked from, should be pretty easy to tell who it is by doing this, then you can ask them directly to cut it out! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad