Server not showing

Hello,

I'm trying to create a server on DCS, but my friends can't find it on the list and neither can connect via IP.

Port 10308 is open and the exceptions for the firewall have been made.

I'd appreciate any help.

The server name is TEST, in case anyone has time to see if it appears for you.

Thanks!

Captura.PNG.130ba50ee978b824fb1cb0d26a32e7cd.PNG

• 3 months later...

99% of all game hosts usually face the same problem and this is most likely the solution.

Just some basc information. All games and software are hosted on computers and generally talk to eachother using ports. If you computer is within a network (LAN) there are usually not a problem as they are talking to eachother using their IP's.

But once you want your server to talk to "Internet" for others to talk to the server they can only connect to your external IP which is bound to your router. thereforce its neccesary to tell the router that this software/port is located on this compouter in my network (call ed portforwaring).

Once this is done all traffic to a specific port is transfered to the computer in your internal network and which you made the portforwarding to and players and also including the multiplayer feature can see your server.

:thumbup:

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

• 3 weeks later...

when hosting a dedicated server and a client on LAN i start the Server and everyone can join it but i can't join when I'm on the same LAN can anyone help me. To fly on my server i have to use another Wi-Fi dongle to fly on my own server???

Server is Win10, I7, 3.2cpu, 16gig ram, 250SSD drive, GTX660

Client is Win 10, i7, 3.3cpu, 16gig ram, 2 x 250 ssd drives, GTX970

when hosting a dedicated server and a client on LAN i start the Server and everyone can join it but i can't join when I'm on the same LAN can anyone help me. To fly on my server i have to use another Wi-Fi dongle to fly on my own server???

Server is Win10, I7, 3.2cpu, 16gig ram, 250SSD drive, GTX660

Client is Win 10, i7, 3.3cpu, 16gig ram, 2 x 250 ssd drives, GTX970

No, you can directly connect via IP address. Use the internal lan IP address of your server.

No, you can directly connect via IP address. Use the internal lan IP address of your server.

normally 182.168.0.1 (the last digit will be the servers number on your network

if you struggle finding this the best way is to log into your router and the ip is under the attached devices section.

hope this helps

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 1 month later...

Hello chaps,

I'm kinda sitting in the same boat here. Running local server, ports forwarded, people are able to join, all good on that side. Only that I can't connect to my own server.

The conditions:

• Firewalls disabled (both machines though client shouldn't matter)
  • Server not showing in list on client (according to what I read, that's to be expected)
  • Trying to connect via IP to server on local LAN IP (192.168.1.3 in my case) yields the message "server offlline" (which it clearly isn't)
  • Trying to connect via public IP results in the join arrow button to do nothing

Anyone got a clue as to what is going awry here?

Hello chaps,

I'm kinda sitting in the same boat here. Running local server, ports forwarded, people are able to join, all good on that side. Only that I can't connect to my own server.

The conditions:

• Firewalls disabled (both machines though client shouldn't matter)
  • Server not showing in list on client (according to what I read, that's to be expected)
  • Trying to connect via IP to server on local LAN IP (192.168.1.3 in my case) yields the message "server offlline" (which it clearly isn't)
  • Trying to connect via public IP results in the join arrow button to do nothing

Anyone got a clue as to what is going awry here?

can I ask are both on the same version. and does the server run one install of dcs?

im sure you have but also try putting the port at the end, ie : 10306

can I ask are both on the same version. and does the server run one install of dcs?

im sure you have but also try putting the port at the end, ie : 10306

Aye, forgot to list that. Both DCS installs have same version and run on two different accounts (with two different Email addresses too since that was a problem in the past as mentioned somewhere on the forum).

Port I use 10308 as is set as standard. But yes, both ports the same. The strange thing is that the public IP (which is forwarded to my server through the router) doesn't react at all when I try to connect to it from the client (not even a server offline message, it just does nothing like ignoring the attempt).

if you want i can help you out. i have set up many servers and will happily help out.

If you have teamspeak we can talk on there and try and sort it out for you. let me know when your free.

our Teamspeak is 85.236.100.125:11517

That's great of you, thanks. I'll hop on your TS and see if I can run into you.

In the meantime, if you have any suspicion as to what might cause this, do write it down here so it's documented and others have a chance to run into it. Can't be the only one having that issue.

That's great of you, thanks. I'll hop on your TS and see if I can run into you.

In the meantime, if you have any suspicion as to what might cause this, do write it down here so it's documented and others have a chance to run into it. Can't be the only one having that issue.

I will be on from 8pm bst ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wonderful, I'll try to be there.

In the meantime, a little addon:

I got a third PC, a laptop and did some connection trials. Computers used were Server, laptop and desktop.

Server host, laptop on same LAN -> No connection.

Server host, laptop on tethered Mobile Phone connection-> Shows in list and connects fine.

Desktop host, laptop on same LAN -> No connection

Desktop host, IP forward changed to go to desktop, Laptop on Mobile: shows in list, connects fine.

Server host, routing disabled, desktop or laptop on LAN: No connection.

This is definitely connected to the LAN and DCS interaction with it. Other services (VNC, SAMBA shares, SSH) connect perfectly fine with all involved parties.

Okay, I solved it.

What I did: I enabled IPv6 on both my Desktop and Server, then created a network homegroup for them. After that, I was able to see the Server in the list and connect to it via the IPv6 Address. The IPv4 connection handles the connections to the outside through the router.

I don't know why DCS behaves this way, maybe it's due to the server being a bit picky on what IP address it actually listens on and hence only listens on the external IP. A PC trying to connect from the same LAN over the external IP would look like the server connecting to itself and hence can't make sense of it?

Anyways, for anyone encountering the same problem, try if my solution helps and DCS devs might want to look into the IPs the DCS server listens on so people can still connect to it via the LAN IP.