476th Range Targets Package

Stuka

Unversioned Modules in the DCS Program Folder will not be loaded by DCS at startup.

Unversioned meaning it does not have an included manifest file.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So does this mean its no longer necessary to remove and replace mods each time we update?

Yes, mods that are in your Saved Games folder. But I also have ReShade in my game's bin folder and uninstall that when I updated. I have tried using it in the Saved Games .. bin folder, but it didn't work. I think it's because it has to be in the same folder with the game's .exe for Windows to force it's dlls to be used instead of the default DirectX dlls..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have dowloaded the latest 476th objects dated from 14 august, and follow the instructions, but I still have a problem.

On mission editor, I can see the object with the 1.5 openbeta, but nothing appears on mission editor with the 2.2 openalpha !

Both are in same folder, respectively for each version.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Hi,

I have dowloaded the latest 476th objects dated from 14 august, and follow the instructions, but I still have a problem.

On mission editor, I can see the object with the 1.5 openbeta, but nothing appears on mission editor with the 2.2 openalpha !

Both are in same folder, respectively for each version.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks,

Vincent

For 2.1.1 see this post on installing mods:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190778

• Like 1

Thanks, but still not working.

To resume :

1. I installed the mod in win\saved game\... for the 1.5 version : it works

2. Copy and paste the mod in win\saved game\... for the 2.1.1 version : NOT working

3. Create the folder DCS.openalpha in default\saved games\... and install the mod : NOT working

4. Create the folder DCS.openalpha in default\saved games\... and install the mod in CoreMod : NOT working

Really, I am not a expert in this type of installation and I have no idea where the problem is.

Any idea ?

Thanks

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Its very simple.

For 2.1:

C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\tech

Inside tech you must have the 476 Range Targets Folder, and inside this folder you must have several subfolders like Shapes or textures and several .lua files.

Then in the mission editor you must use on the left side the Static Objects Icon and then search for Static objects on the right side, the objects are all labeled with a * first.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Maybe is a stupid question but i see your mods folder is labeled Tech with a capital T, instead of tech.

Could you test it with "tech" instead "Tech"?

Also be sure you are looking for the objects here.

EmUdFQO.png

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi,

Finally, everything seems ok.

I removed the mod from the DCS folder to only keep the one in User\ and the mod appears.

Apparently, there is a conflict keeping the mode in DCS folder.

Thanks a lot and have a good flights,

Vincent

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey guys

I know this cant be that difficult....hopefully you can help me.

Downloaded most recent 476th Range Objects(22 OCT 17) to DCS 1.5.8 as directed without issues. Placed it in my tech folder where I see shapes, textures, Range Objects.lua etc. Problem is cant find it in DCS mission editor under objects. Have searched thru all static objects on left and on right from Cargo to Warehouse without finding.

What am I missing??

un-official modules need to be in the /Saved Games/mods/tech/ Folder.

Modules/Mods put in the /DCS World/ folder will be blocked.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So I just tried hosting a mission with the range objects mod. All my friends have the mod installed correctly, and thus are able to join the server, but for some reason they cannot see any of the objects in the server, including stock DCS objects. I've hosted missions before with no issues, but it seems to be a combo of NTTR and the range objects. Any ideas?

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

So I just tried hosting a mission with the range objects mod. All my friends have the mod installed correctly, and thus are able to join the server, but for some reason they cannot see any of the objects in the server, including stock DCS objects. I've hosted missions before with no issues, but it seems to be a combo of NTTR and the range objects. Any ideas?

I'd ask Stuka, we haven't had any issues.

I'd ask Stuka, we haven't had any issues.

Thank you. Just saw there is a known bug issue with 2.5. Have you guys done many sorties in 2.5 NTTR since the merge? The objects are only visible client side

On a side note, is there any chance you guys will release a version with dirt berms/bunkers (instead of sand) so it looks a little better in Caucuses?

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

• 3 months later...

The Package has been updated to version 17JUN18

Changes:

Addition of a FCLP box: this object represents the markings on the carrier and can be placed on top of existing runways to assist in field based carrier landing practice.

Notes:

1. Due to the large dimensions of the object, it will only work perfect on runways that are completely flat. If there's a slight slope on the runway, you may encounter clipping.
  2. We do not have a IFLOLS object.

fclp.png

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

...Changes:

Addition of a FCLP box: this object represents the markings on the carrier and can be placed on top of existing runways to assist in field based carrier landing practice.

This is just amazing. I'm actually just now going through NAVAIR 00-80T-111 and was thinking how great it would to have FCLP area in DCS. Any chance we could get an LHA auxiliary landing field for Harrier pilots :D. Pretty please :thumbup:

Google maps. Article

130605-M-UQ043-002.JPG

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

In the Name of the 31th FoxFighters Germany, i would like say, Thank you very much to the 476th for the great Work! We have integrated the Package to our Training Center.

With best Regards,

Coffee

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greetings,

Nightowls_Coffee