476th Range Targets Package

Stuka

The Package has been updated to version 17JUN18

Changes:

Addition of a FCLP box: this object represents the markings on the carrier and can be placed on top of existing runways to assist in field based carrier landing practice.

Notes:

1. Due to the large dimensions of the object, it will only work perfect on runways that are completely flat. If there's a slight slope on the runway, you may encounter clipping.
  2. We do not have a IFLOLS object.

fclp.png

Thank you! Awesome work. I tried to add it to one of my missions, but placing it in Batumi will hinder my wingman to startup and take off. Batumi ATC will close the airport ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...
How and where exactly is this installed please?

Extract the zip and place it in this directory structure:

C:\Users\your computer name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\476 Range Targets 17JUN18

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks but ought not the "17JUN18" be removed?

Don't be silly James. Delete the old one and replace with the new … date reminds you of which one you have installed.

'Q'

"Remember, it doesn't need to be shaken … that would be playing with it. " - Mitch Rapp :D

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw on your website, a Hotas assignment download for the F-5E. Is there a print out, somewhere, showing what goes where? Also, I'm not familiar with lua files. Where/how do I extract the file?

Thanks,

VinnieJones

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, thank you to all involved for creating and sharing this :)

Secondly, is it broke for anybody else suddenly? It was working a few days ago, now suddenly they aren't in the list. It shows up in DCS modules though, implying it's still installed.

I didn't think there was a patch that broke anything, was there???

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Can't find the targaet objects

Hello all, just installed the last version of the range.

I only have Caucasus, but I cannot see any target object under USA/structures or any other object group in mission editor.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

This is just amazing. I'm actually just now going through NAVAIR 00-80T-111 and was thinking how great it would to have FCLP area in DCS. Any chance we could get an LHA auxiliary landing field for Harrier pilots :D. Pretty please :thumbup:

Google maps. Article

130605-M-UQ043-002.JPG

Would nice to have one of these!!!

• 1 month later...

I notice that the Mk 76s (BDU-33s) do not work on the Conventional Circle targets (They hit the target but do not release their smoke), just as reported in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204306

Are there any solutions to this issue? I would like to keep it real if possible and use the Mk 76s for some Harrier training.

P.S. Funnily enough if you hit the dirt strip of the Strafing Target the Mk 76 smokes.

Edited by Andrei Dragovic

"Lawyer by Profession, Pilot by Heart...and self-confessed Harrier tragic"

I notice that the Mk 76s (BDU-33s) do not work on the Conventional Circle targets (They hit the target but do not release their smoke), just as reported in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204306

Are there any solutions to this issue? I would like to keep it real if possible and use the Mk 76s for some Harrier training.

P.S. Funnily enough if you hit the dirt strip of the Strafing Target the Mk 76 smokes.

The conventional circles have a conical "depth" to their model that, for some reason, does not allow the smoke to show if you drop near dead center. The top surface of the circle does not read as a solid surface.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 2 weeks later...

I must be doing something wrong, but my program crashes each time I try to load the 476 mission (Jan 2018 version). I tried both the All ranges and the only 70s variants.

I have installed the Range targets mod -June 2018- successfully in the saved games folder. And I can place the new objects in the mission editor, and I see them in my own custom mission.

The first loading of the 476 mission goes ok, until I get the menu where I have to press start. Here the loading screen hangs until crash.

I have also loaded the mission in the mission editor, starting from the main menu, and changed one of the client planes to player, but that didn't make any difference.

I also tried placing the mission files in different folders, but that didn't make any difference.

Do you have any ideas?

Edited by BudgietheLittleHelicopter

• 5 months later...

First, thanks Stuka & team for the hosting the 476th Range Targets Package!!

I would like to make a suggestion though to help other save a little time.

The package used to contain the 476 vFG Range Target Templates.miz file in it, which the latest version of the 476th Range Targets Package does not.

However I did find the link to download file on the 476th vFG forum thread: Range Targets, post #10, although it did take some time to finally find it. I knew of the Target Templates existence from Bunyaps "

" video.

The target template seem to work in the latest stable version of the DCS on the Caucasus Map as of the date of this post. This template was really, really, really helpful to me on a project I'm working on.

In order to assist other folks whom may need it also, could you re-include the template into the "476th Range Targets Package" whenever it's convenient for you please?

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

• 3 weeks later...
IMHO we night have a bit of a wait, there are a LOT of objects to reconfigure & it may not just be copy for the a to format B.

I really hope it's simple enough, cause my missions all depend on these objects. Might have to revert to the previous version in the meanwhile.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

The package is updated and available on our site.

See post #1 for all info.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

The package is updated and available on our site.

See post #1 for all info.

Great :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Excellent work on the update. There is a small issue though, the FCLP Box tends to flicker when the player is moving around the camera or in an aircraft, tested on flat ground.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR