2.0 and Nevada have real trees?

Thinkinga about investing in the Nevada map and moving over to not using steam just to enter 2.0 of DCS, altough a big question for me, really, is:

Does the nevada map have proper trees that you crash if you fly into and the AI can not just see through? Might sound pity but for helicopter and combined arms this is something that really kills the game for me at times.

You can even hit the clutter-generated Joshua trees that dot the landscape in some places.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Strange that one can crash in the trees but the AI los is not blocked still...

Anyway, if looking on the nevada map from a combined arms perspective, what does it add to gameplay?

Better ground textures?

Maybe better trees?

More hills and smoother ones? - This would be great if true, that there is just less flat land..

anyone that can give some info on this is welcome indeed. From what I have seen online it seems mostly like big really open areas as well as really crowded cities.

you can expect at the moment the same as in 1.5, just with less trees, but if you have, you can't shoot through them

about hill mesh, i'd say, it didn't change a lot, but you should check it out on yourselfe, it's my opinion.

also the Nevada map is still in Alpha, so everything is WIP...

I went ahead and bought the map, and it was worth it for sure. The flat areas still have enough bumps to it to really create a more interesting battlefield for combined arms ground units.

The trees work far better as well.